WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC is recruiting for a BILINGUAL meteorologist for KAUZ News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for KAUZ, KSWO, and Telemundo Texoma, in North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma. Conversational fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers morning and weekend shifts, vacations by other meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Promotion Manager
Are you a news junkie, thought of as the person who is always “the first to know?” Can you craft a share-worthy, 120 character, message in seconds? If you answered a resounding “YES”, keep reading.
This position is at the intersection of where bold ideas meet huge expectations. You will be responsible for recruiting viewers through a multi-platform approach to watch and interact with our product. KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the dominant source for News, Weather, and Sports on the South Plains. We connect with viewers not just through television, but also through a robust online and mobile presence, and we aim to do even more.
At the core, you will write, edit, and produce commercials and social media posts that engage a diverse audience. It will allow you the opportunity to flex your creative muscles, work with top notch Adobe editing and graphic software, and learn from an accomplished team all while remaining laser focused on KCBD’s targeted audiences. At your disposal will be the latest audience tracking software, allowing you to research, measure, and establish key marketing goals.
No wimps, whiners, or complainers. If you require a recipe to get stuff done, please know we write a new one almost daily. A self-starter is a must. Please know that our interview process is thorough. If you’re selected, our First 90 Days Program includes required reading and detailed goal setting all with the purpose of clearly defining what winning looks like in your new role.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Three years in news marketing or equivalent experience is preferred. Extensive knowledge in video editing, shooting, graphic design and news writing. Love for News; A graphic eye.
TYPICAL SCHELDULE: Full time, Monday – Friday 8:30-5:30 and the occasional weekend or evening.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
If you're a news hound who lives for push alerts, impactful local stories and storm chasing, then News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX has the job for you!
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is recruiting a morning newscast producer for KAUZ in Wichita Falls.
Producers play a pivotal role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day on all our platforms: TV, apps, and social media. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in a timley, compelling manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and History majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA NewsChannel 10, the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas, is looking for an entry-level multimedia journalist to write, edit, and present high-quality content for our broadcast and digital platforms.
Our multimedia journalists primarily work outside of the station, embedding themselves into Texas Panhandle communities while finding and delivering the stories of urgency and impact for its residents. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, able to work independently, and can complete multiple tasks while working against a deadline. Candidates should be able to enterprise story ideas and develop reliable sources through networking.
MMJs have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10’s standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as presenting that work live (in-studio and field) during station broadcasts. Skill in videography and non-linear editing software is required. A four-year Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field is preferred. Some driving is required for this position. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Interested applicants should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit a resume. A link to an updated video reel is also required. No phone calls or emails, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
NewsChannel 10 is a property of Raycom Media Inc., one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies. Raycom Media employs over 8,300 journalists across 20 states. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WTVM-TV, the ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA/Opelika, AL, WTVM Digital and BOUNCE TV is seeking a highly experienced salesperson. We are looking for the right person – one with a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience.
The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented and someone that has dealt with advertising agencies or worked in the national spot TV business. This position would be dealing with many transactional television spot clients. The candidate must also be a great listener, able to build relationships thru phone and email and have a strong desire to help WTVM maximize spot revenue. In addition, the candidate should be highly organized, timely and a highly effective communicator.
The candidate must also have a working knowledge of digital advertising and the opportunities that advertising agencies would be interested in. As an ABC affiliate, WTVM can help clients with high profile events such as The Oscars, the NBA Finals, ABC Saturday Night College Football, Saturday Afternoon College Football, The CMA Awards, and the American Music Awards. Columbus, GA is the home of AFLAC, Ft. Benning, TSYS and nearby Auburn University and Kia Motors Manufacturing.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Maintain strong working relationships with all clients
- Represent a favorable station image
- Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales preferred
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The WTVM Success Manager
The Success Manager works in close concert with our Media Sales Consultants (MSC) and Digital Team to help develop and coordinate strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the needs and actions of their partner Media Sales Consultants.
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (MSC), the SM coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive changes in their business strategy
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving makegoods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed
- Manages MSC’s schedule and appointments to communicate and maximize time with clients to present and close business.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Effectively collaborate with other departments to coordinate sales projects.
- Prospect new clients, manage deals and forecasts prospective closes throughout the different sales stages.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Experience with Matrix a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL, the CBS affiliate in Toledo, OH seeks a Production Engineer (Master Control Operator) responsible for operation of all systems within a multi station master control.
Duties include, but are not limited to, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup and record satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and prepare video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs.
Work shift will include overnights, weekends and holidays. Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required. Previous master control experience desirable.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create graphics which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting a graphic designer to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create custom animations and graphics for video productions
- Create custom graphics for social distribution
- Produce animated explainers for social and digital distribution
- Create custom infographics for social and digital distribution
Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving, start-up environment and be proficient in the following:
- Demonstrated ability to turn concepts into easy to understand visuals.
- Strong design skills and experience in video, film, or digital.
- Have a strong creative portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of leading social media platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Ability to work independently across teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in art, design or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing skills and AP Style a plus.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us;
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
WFXG FOX 54 NEWS NOW in Augusta, GA is looking for an experienced Multi-media Journalist. The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong passion for breaking news and digital coverage. Candidate must also have a great work ethic, enjoy storytelling, and be committed to upholding our brand.
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside WFXG studios and remotely
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
- Stay current on both local and national news events
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WFXG employees and external organizations
- 2 years of experience as a television reporter in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Augusta, GA
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers/news sites, professional journals, technical reports and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please.EOE-M//F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.
WIS/Raycom Media-The #1 Television Station & the #1 Local Digital Platform in Columbia, SC, has an opening for an experienced Multi-Platform Consultant with 3-5 years sales experience. You must have a proven track record of negotiating and developing business in broadcast sales and digital sales.
Excellent customer service is our benchmark and you will have an opportunity to work with one of the largest support staffs in the country to grow your business. Experience with MSOffice, Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Wide Orbit Traffic preferred.
Qualified applicants, please APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) and attach cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Digital Sales Specialist
This position reports to Director of Digital Marketing and is responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships. Raycom media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes Internet, mobile, SMS, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily.
Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Great upside potential for the right person.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 News station in Cincinnati is looking for our next great reporter! WXIX-TV in Cincinnati wins with urgent live shots, great exclusives, and powerful storytelling every night. We are looking for an experienced Multi Media Journalist with a hunger for breaking news and tracking down an exclusive lead story. The ideal candidate will also create different active and compelling presentations for on air and digital platforms, using pre-production, graphics and other tools to give the viewer a smart, clear and impressive story. Candidate must have a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
Minimum of five years experience preferred. We want a passionate candidate who is aggressive and not afraid to dig. Applicants must be able to quickly develop contacts and work sources and be a team player with strong communication skills. Experience with FOIA requests is preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and send a link to your work, resume, references and a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, an NBC affiliate in Jackson MS, is currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to become Local Developmental Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of success.
- Manage a team of Media Sales Consultants and Success Coordinators that focus entirely on Local, non-transactional business.
- Exceptional skills in recruiting, coaching and training exceptional sellers is a must.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives, building relationships, communicating clearly and the ability to forecast, budget and execute a strategic plan is critical.
- Spreadsheet and above average TV sales software skills are important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, Comscore, and Media Sales.
- If you are a critical thinker, possess a strong work ethic and have the desire to lead a first class sales team with innovative and new ideas, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university. Two or more years related experience.
Required skills include pro-active creative leadership, new business development, sales training, relationship building and a successful track record in television sales.
Qualified applicants apply online at https://raycommedia.icims2/internal-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/5071/local-sales-manager/job (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/D/F/V
WLBT, the #1 station and NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our award-winning news team.
We are seeking a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. Our next reporter in this capital city, will break stories on digital first and throughout the day. Those stories could then fall into rotation within our traditional newscasts on TV.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Motion Graphics Designer
Raycom Media is seeking a motion graphics designer with 2+ years of relevant experience looking to join a growing creative team. Key responsibilities include concept development, style frame and storyboard designs; and animation. Must possess the ability to work quickly and intelligently in a very fast-paced and creative-focused environment. We’re looking for individuals who consistently strive to raise the bar and push their own creative limits, learn new techniques, and incorporate new ideas.
Must be a team-oriented contributor that can champion the creative process and deliver creative solutions through design and motion. Candidate should be fast, reliable and organized with an emphasis on creative strategy and problem solving. The ability to blend technology and design seamlessly is essential. We’re looking for a creative and innovative problem solver. But above all, we’re looking for an individual driven their work and helping our clients connect with their audience.
- Designing and animating for both digital and broadcast commerical content.
- Understanding and applying current and developing design trends
- Assist in research and development of new techniques, software, plug-ins and assist the team with current industry trends
- Participating in input sessions, presenting your ideas to the creative team, and contributing to creative client conversations
- Creating concepts, boards and style frames
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions geared toward specific client solutions
- Leading teams of designers and animators on larger projects and effectively planning your workload
- Helping to maintain file management, system efficiencies, and establishing technical specifications
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in design and animation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Excellent general 3D skills (especially in Cinema 4D) a huge plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for current technology and continued creative growth
- Detail-oriented and passionate about creating engaging, inspiring work.
- Deep understanding of typography, storyboards, concept design, storytelling, movement and interactivity
- Drug screen required
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Media Sales Consultant (MSC) - WWBT NBC12/ Raycom Media seeks full-time Media Sales Consultant. This commissioned position is partnered with their own Success Manager, Digital Sales Specialist, Research Director and other support personnel so they can focus almost solely on new business and account retention. Based on marketing needs of clients and prospective clients, the MSC will present profit building multi-platform marketing solutions.
Must excel in developing and maintaining engaging relationships with clients as they are responsible for prospecting, implementation, renewal and beyond. Must be highly motivated self-starter with ability to manage business independently. Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills, and proven ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment. Minimum 3 years sales experience. Media experience preferred. Drug Screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KWES Newswest 9 is seeking a bilingual Digital Content Producer to embrace and grow our digital news efforts and publish content to our Spanish and English information platforms.
Duties include writing and publishing Spanish and English news and weather coverage on digital platforms including website, mobile apps, and social media outlets. Responsibilities also include creating photo galleries, editing and clipping video for online use, as well as any additional newsroom and studio production duties that are assigned. A flexible schedule is required.
Minimum requirements include outstanding writing ability, excellent communication, self-motivation, and organizational skills. Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and project a positive image for our station in the community. News writing, HTML, and Photoshop experience are preferred but not required. Previous experience in the use of the WorldNow content management system is also preferred. The successful candidate will have strong journalism skills, including the ability to gather news from a variety of sources. Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Strong news judgment, news writing and editing experience, and familiarity with AP style
- Experience with and knowledge of video and photo editing
- Knowledge of website and newsroom production applications
- Creative background with working knowledge of Photoshop
- College degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
If qualified, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WDAM 7 News is looking for a full-time News Content Reporter/MMJ to join our team. The ideal candidate will embrace and help grow our digital platforms and content. This person should be detailed oriented, ambitious, can cover breaking news in a competitive environment, work under pressure, and excel at discovering information across social media.
Responsibilities include: creating original trending stories, creating photo galleries, editing and adding videos and stories for online use. A flexible schedule is required.
*Develop creative content for WDAM’s social platforms such as Facebook Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
*Write, produce and present fair & accurate news stories on-air and online.
*Investigate information to prove facts and find truth.
*Create, report and help produce news packages.
*Strong news judgment, news writing and editing experience.
*Knowledge of website and newsroom production applications
Candidates should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume, references and a link to recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News is seeking to fill the position of Part-Time Master Control Operator. The Master Control Operator is responsible for the operation of the technical systems within our modern high definition Master Control television facility. Previous MCO experience is a plus but is not required. Training will be provided.
Candidate must be able to maintain focus and meet deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and be able to work varied shifts including holidays. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording of satellite and other electronically delivered programming feeds, editing and quality control monitoring of all programming and transmission systems. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycome Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V