Click column header to sort
RTM Studios in Franklin TN has an opening for a Builder/Mechanic/Co-Host to work on show project builds and occasionally appear on camera. The opening is for a regular, full-time position with company benefits. Regular business hours are 8-5 M-F.
This position requires working with the Show Producer on concepting projects and editorial for the shows, providing mechanical work required for project building, acquiring all parts necessary for each production shoot, and collaborating with other employees to insure editorial obligations are complete in the production of the shows. The position also requires appearing on camera in the shows or other productions.
Summary of essential job functions:
This may not reflect every aspect required for this job position
- Work with Producer and other staff assigned to the show on planning projects.
- Collaborate with Director/Producer of show title to prescript or assist with scripting for all episodes. These scripts are to be technically correct and written for television production.
- Assist with the delivery of project vehicles required for the show or project..
- Provide mechanical work required in project building and testing, providing the highest level of workmanship on all projects. This may vary based on the project and you may be required to work without
- Acquire as requested necessary parts for all projects. When parts arrive it is your responsibility to make sure these parts are the correct parts and they work on the project they were ordered for prior to taping of the show segment.
- Utilize RTM’s parts ordering forms and system for ordering parts. Maintain thorough records of project vehicles and parts by show number..
- Work with Producer to make sure the project is ready and you are fully prepared on production days to begin taping without delay.
- Must have complete and total understanding and knowledge of the safe operations of any equipment in the assigned studio.
- Work with other staff members to be make sure editorial contracts are fulfilled based on direction from the Technical Editor and the Producer of the show.
- Assist Producer of the show to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, keep studio clean and tools in proper place.
Some college or technical school; appropriate technical certifications; experience with automotive mechanical work and/or fabricating and vehicle painting experience; good on screen voice and appearance.
Ability to conceptualize projects and show content based on Producer’s direction of required editorial content integration for customers and networks; ability to use discretion and creativity to determine the best presentation of required editorial; ability to deal with vendors in the industry to procure parts in exchange for exposure if possible; ability to collaborate with videographers, producer/directors, technical producers and salesmen to creatively display customers product in high quality video; ability to speak clearly on screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT - Engineer
This position executes all functions required to maintain a broadcast signal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties related to Master Control,
maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log and Discrepancy Report along with
other detailed paper-work. Recording satellite feeds, ingest programs and commercials into automated playback system, camera shading, and ENG microwave/satellite receiving setup. The operator must work with with other operators and departments in high stress situations. The operator is required to assist a variety of individuals and departments as well as our clients. Strong computer skills are essential. Flexibility and adaptability is a must. Other related duties may be assigned.
Qualified applicants only apply online to Raycom Media Careers and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA NewsChannel 10, the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas, is looking for an entry-level news operations specialist.
NewsChannel 10 is the leading provider of news and weather information in the Texas Panhandle. We broadcast live daily and distribute our content to a variety of online and social media platforms.
Our specialists work primarily behind the scenes, operating studio and field cameras, capturing great sound and/ or editing video footage. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who strives for quality in their production and always seeking to learn new skills. Training will be provided for each of the primary job responsibilities.
This is an exciting position with great potential for advancement. Specialists gain additional experience by working closely with our anchors, reporters and producers.
This is a full-time hourly position. Full-time employees are eligible for Raycom Media benefits, including insurance and paid-time off. Applicants should be flexible with scheduling, including weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. A drug screen and MVR check is required for hire. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
NewsChannel10 is a property of Raycom Media Inc., one of the nation’s largest privately-owned local media companies. Raycom Media employs over 8,300 journalists across 20 states. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KFDA, Newschannel10, the CBS in Amarillo, Texas has an opening for a News Operations Manager.
We are looking for someone with strong managerial skills & a working technical knowledge of a multi-platform newsroom operation. This person will oversee the day-to-day on air execution and operations of our Content Department. The right candidate will assist in the development, implementation, and training processes of new and existing systems. Familiarity with the news production process, logistics, non-linear edit systems, ENPS, ENG, SNG newsgathering, WorldNow and mobile platforms are necessary.
This position includes managerial responsibilities. It also requires proven ability to diagnose & resolve problems associated with all technological facets in the newsroom. The News Operations Manager must also have excellent communication skills & work closely with all departments with special focus on our Engineering/IT department & the Assignment Desk.
If qualified, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBRC Fox6 in Birmingham is looking for creative, aggressive and visual Photojournalist/MMJ to join our award winning news team. If you have an eye for powerful pictures and an ear for great sound, this is the job for you.
You’ll be responsible for gathering video and sound for all WBRC multimedia platforms and must display competence in videography and video editing. You must be capable of gathering news as part of a team or on your own. You will be responsible for maintaining assigned gear, operating ENG trucks and bonded cellular live devices (Live U), posting on all WBRC digital platforms, editing digital video, Skype/other mobile live devices, driving a company vehicle and any other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years news photography. Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours. Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed, writing skills a plus.
Qualified candidates please apply online and attach your resume, cover letter, and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVE-TV (The Home Team), a Hawaii News Now station and home of premier local television events in Honolulu, Hawaii, has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated and a high-achiever with excellent communication skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Drive new television and digital sales, as well as upselling key existing accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- Drug screen required.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and advertising.
- Experience in television, digital or media industry.
- Experience in new business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply on-line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 located in New Orleans, LA has an opening for a Full-Time News/Content Specialist to join our award-winning team in the newsroom. The candidate must be dedicated and a strong team player.
* Writing news copy & editing video for multiple shows
* Writing for Fox 8 Digital Platforms
* Handle teleprompter operation for newscasts
* Operate news graphics system during broadcasts
* Must be a strong writer with good creative and editorial judgment.
* College degree preferred from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
* Experience in a newsroom environment a plus. ENPS computer system as well as AVID non-linear editing is a plus. Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE - M\F\D\V
Raycom Media Knoxville (WTNZ-TV FOX43 and Knoxville Weekend.com) in Knoxville are seeking a full-time Multimedia Sales Consultant.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about selling multi-screen marketing solutions to existing clients and will develop new clients through new business development. This individual must be a highly motivated self-starter that will hit the ground running and make things happen.
Candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be organized, and possess a solid work ethic. A minimum of two years sales and marketing experience with an emphasis in broadcast media is preferred. Pre-employment drug screen, driver’s license and clean MVR required.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) and attach cover letter with resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KWES NewsWest9 in the Midland/Odessa market is currently looking for an Account Executive.
You are an experienced Salesperson and you are looking for a step toward Management. NewsWest9 is the place for you. With your proven track record of closing broadcast and digital sales, this position is an excellent real growth opportunity. KWES-TV is a growing company and is constantly promoting with in. We have a competitive drama free work environment. Potential with Raycom Media is endless. Come join our team!!
Bring your positive energy and proven abilities. You’ll be responsible for growing sales on our broadcast and digital products portfolios. We want your proven sales experience, organization, communication and excitement for how the broadcast and digital worlds are expanding our opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior successful sales experience with a history of building and maintaining satisfied customers
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills, both written and oral.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to balance multiple assignments, prioritizing tasks and demands in a team-oriented environment
- Fearless and passionate about cold calling, prospecting, building proposals, and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success.
- Your own dependable means of transportation.
- Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships and following through on promises and commitments made.
- Creative and idea driven.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time News Producer.
The ideal candidate will excel at writing for broadcast and have a true passion for news. Candidate must have great time management skills and perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Candidate must also have video editing experience. A successful producer is self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, lives for writing, and embraces new technology and social media. Must be a team player.
Candidate must also embrace our live, local, and late breaking brand and strive to live up to it everyday. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern or production experience a plus.
Qualified applicants who fit this description, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your writing work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media Knoxville (WTNZ-TV FOX43 and Knoxville Weekend.com) in Knoxville are seeking a full-time Multimedia Sales Consultant.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about selling multi-screen marketing solutions to existing clients and will develop new clients through new business development. This individual must be a highly motivated self-starter that will hit the ground running and make things happen. Candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be organized, and possess a solid work ethic. A minimum of two years sales and marketing experience with an emphasis in broadcast media is preferred. Pre-employment drug screen, driver’s license and clean MVR required.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers). Include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V