WAFF, in Huntsville AL, is seeking a full-time News Producer.
- Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link(s) to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The City Weekend Producer
WAFF 48 is seeking a creative Digital Storyteller.
Are you passionate about creating new forms of digital storytelling? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area and create engaging written content building pages and videos? If so, we want you to join our team.
WAFF is looking for a creative storyteller to help expand its rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces weekly and will split their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content that engage and produce results.
The City Weekend producer demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform content. Energetic, a strategic thinker and high motivated self-starter that will work with a team of producers or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast, digital and social media platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography. WordPress, Brightcove and Frankly Content management experience required. Go to Tennesseevalleyweekend.com for examples of the content this position with be responsible for.
On-camera experience required. Evenings and some weekends may be required. Drug screen and MVR check required.
If qualified, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and include your cover letter, resume and demo reel. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.