WFXG FOX 54 has a full time opening for an experienced Anchor/Producer/Reporter to co-anchor our four-hour morning weekday newscasts.
Anchors here are leaders in the newsroom, relying on their news judgment and experience. We need someone who can be engaged in local news, enterprising and producing compelling news stories and live shots. Our anchors also help mentor young producers and reporters.
Our anchors also have the ability to fill in produce when necessary and associate produce daily. Reporting duties are as assigned.
The ideal candidate will also be engaged in the community, social media, station events and promotional efforts. The individual who fills this position will play an important role in the long-term growth and success of WFXG FOX 54.
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. MVR and Drug Screen required. Some driving required for this position. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist needs to do it all; report, shoot, edit and push content online. This position will go live in the field on a daily basis and normally work by themselves to gather content for packages and other stories for both on-air and online.
- Write and package breaking news stories and general news stories for TV as well as the online and mobile community.
- Produce visual journalism, including photos and video, to use in packages and stories for both on-air and online to help supplement the work of full-time video journalists on staff.
- Constantly update your story online whether it is breaking or a general news story with unique web only content and interviews.
- Understand basic internet search engine optimization practices and utilize them when researching and writing stories and online content.
- Contribute to FOX 54’s growth by using social media to converse with viewers and gather ideas and content online.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years MMJ experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG - News Producer
We are actively looking for an experienced journalist who has a minimum of 2-years experience producing in any TV market size. Excellent news judgment, the ability to tell real news sources from fake ones, urgent writing, and showcasing skills are a must. Applicant must be detail-oriented and work well with others in a fast-paced, high-stress environment. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms.
This position is for our morning show and the ideal candidate is willing to work overnights. News is 24/7. Successful candidates must also be flexible and willing to work holidays, weekends, or overtime hours as needed.
Applicant must have a degree in broadcast journalism or related field. Must be familiar with ENPS and have the ability to help drive our digital platform and focus on multi-media content. Must have the ability to coordinate and create graphics and help maintain station website. Some non-linear editing experience preferred. Must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules. A valid state driver’s license is required. The candidate must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip. Candidate must successfully completed pre-employment drug screen.
If you’re ready to take that leap and be a part of a great team apply online and attach your resume, reel and reel link to Raycom Media Careers today! No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG Fox 54 in Augusta, GA is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Digital Content Producer to manage and create content for our website, mobile and social media platforms.
Duties include - but are not limited to - writing news stories, gathering content, delivering content on digital platforms, engaging users, and working with news staff to increase the overall quality and quantity of the Fox 54 digital output.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing, creative candidate with journalism experience and technical skills required for this job. Prior news experience is a must. Understanding of social media audience engagement and search engine optimization techniques are also preferred.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. Must have basic working knowledge of web design and maintenance. Experience with writing in AP style is preferred.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn software applications used in the newsroom. Knowledge of entry level video editing software a plus.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls.
WFXG- Augusta, GA
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.