Click column header to sort
WTVM-TV, the dominant ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA, is seeking an Reporter/Anchor for our weekend morning newscasts who is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous anchoring experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at 2-3 years experience as a reporter or multi-media journalist. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you ready to be a part of the “newsroom of the future”? WTVM News Leader 9 is looking for our next Digital Content Producer. The Digital Content Producer has a passion for news, manages and creates content for our website(s), mobile devices & apps, social media and broadcast platforms.
As a newsroom specialist, you will also be responsible for some traditional production responsibilities (chyron, audio, studio camera, directing, and teleprompter). The top candidate will be proactive, outgoing, creative and have both the journalism experience & technical skills required for this job. You must be a strong writer & copy editor, able to thrive in a busy environment and be a team player. You must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. Top candidates will also have a working knowledge of web design, web maintenance, Microsoft Office and entry-level video editing software.
This is a part-time position. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, maintain a clean driving record, and obtain certification for live vehicles if necessary. Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast television.
In addition to sitting and typing for long periods of time, some production duties may require employee climb a ladder, stand for long periods, and/or do moderate lifting. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about creating content that breaks the news story mold? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area? And create engaging stories that present non-traditional revenue opportunities? If so, we want you to join our team.
WTVM News Leader 9 the #1 content brand in West Georgia and East Alabama is looking for a creative storyteller to help expand its rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces weekly; splitting their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content that engages and produce results across multiple platforms.
The City Weekend producer demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform content. Energetic, a strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter that will work with a team of producers or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast and digital assets. The ideal candidate will also work with the sales team to develop new revenue opportunities for our expanding broadcast and digital properties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred. Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and DSLR (Canon C-100 a plus) cinematography. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat, Brightcove, Wordpress plus audience engagement and management tools for digital publishing, reporting and analytics experience is required.
On-camera experience a plus. Evenings and some weekends may be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter, resume and demo reel. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The WTVM Senior Digital Sales Specialist
The SR DSS– in concert with the Digital Team - helps develop and fully execute digital marketing initiatives to meet sales objectives and help close digital business. This role will target our Top 100 accounts, train and educate the team on digital products, and maintains digital campaigns, projects, and internal systems workflow of the digital team. SR DSS will report to the Digital Sales Manager and will assist the team in making digital revenue goals through helping MSCs develop and close digital dollars. These tasks include work in and outside of the office.
- Targeting the station’s Top 100 accounts and driving digital revenue.
- Learn about all aspects of digital advertising and helping train and educate the team on new digital products and trends.
- Work as a team with the MSCs, SMs, and other digital team members to create strategies, creative messages, and successful digital campaigns.
- Communicating with corporate Ad Ops throughout the creative process
- Attends client calls, meetings, and events to further relationships with our clients.
- Helps maintain internal workflow systems for the entire Sales team
- Works on digital presentations in PowerPoint
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Participates in POD meetings, creative sessions, and collaborating with other departments to ensure campaigns are executed properly.
- Learns new digital products and helps implement them on the street with MSCs.
- Other tasks assigned by the DSM.
- Sales background and proven go-getter with a forward-thinking attitude
- A champion for digital at the television station
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Passionate and innovative about digital marketing and how to implement it successfully.
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire for future growth and advancement in digital marketing
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of digital marketing in the area advertising/ creative process.
- Experience with digital vendors, Wide Orbit Traffic are a plus.
- Customer service skills and ability to talk high level digital when needed
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM Success Manager
WTVM, THE local leader in business advertising solutions for Columbus-Auburn-Opelika is again blazing a new trail in local media sales. WTVM is greatly expanding its sales force, inside sales support team, digital experts and resources our clients want and need in the fast-changing media and digital sales landscape. This expansion creates fresh and exciting job opportunities in a variety of newly crafted sales positions that are designed to reward the individual and offer a variety of paths for professional growth within Raycom Media in the area of broadcast and digital media sales.
WTVM has an unparalleled opportunity in media sales, one in which success is the goal for the individual and the company. Indeed, “success” is in the title of this unique and profitable opportunity in broadcast and digital media sales.
The optimal candidate for the position of Success Manager is a goal-driven, self-motivated, responsible individual willing to collaborate with the sales support staff to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Candidate must be detail oriented and preferably have 2-5 years in a sales organization, preferably in a sales role. The Success Manager – in partnership with their Media Sales Consultant (MSC) - helps develop and fully execute strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives.
This salaried position is designed specifically to insure the success of the client’s campaigns and expands on that relationship from daily communications to conducting strategic planning sessions. The Success Manager is the key liaison between the client and WTVM Sales. They will manage all phases of the advertising campaigns, from research and planning to execution, optimization and analysis.
If you have sales experience, but have not specifically sold media, Raycom Media has one of the best training programs in the industry. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to use their marketing skills to grow into positions of increasing responsibility and salary growth.
Primary Responsibilities of the Success Manager
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), the Success Manager coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive growth in their business.
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving make goods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Participates in the development of creative, media and execution of campaigns.
- Help create compelling, client-focused sales presentations in concert with the MSC, research staff, and other support staff in the sales organization.
- Advises the MSC by providing information on individual client successes, areas for improvement, and assistance with successful implementation of objectives
- Uses technical and business development skills to increase client’s utilization of current technology as well as new technology releases.
- Tracks, analyzes, creates, and delivers relevant online campaign reports and insights to clients through Raycom Dashboards and research metrics.
- Effectively manages ongoing projects/client deliverables on time, and within budget.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix software experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell WTVM and Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Technical prowess.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V