WTVM - Seeking Meteorologist/Reporter
Present weather information on-air, online and during severe weather situations; evaluate forecast models to accurately and timely prepare forecasts; responsible for forecasting elements and timely delivery of weathercasts/alerts on all platforms; contribute content to station weather app; other duties as assigned.
College degree in meteorology or related science field. Experience building graphics and producing, delivering clear presentation.
Must be a team player on and off the air. This position requires strong on camera team chemistry with a dynamic morning newscast on both WTVM (ABC) and WXTX (FOX). Be able to work flexible schedule, particularly during severe weather events. Valid drivers license. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Include cover letter with resume, and link with examples of your work. No phone calls please.
WTVM - Media Sales Consultant
- The Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), will focus on hunting, meeting and servicing multiple clients to present custom-built marketing solutions using the strongest local media products available.
- Hunting for new business and using professional presentations, developed in consultation with your Success Manager, Media Planner, and Digital Team to sell specific, targeted, and measurable solutions for clients looking to market and grow their business.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the client’s business, objectives and goals by servicing and continual face to face meetings.
- Effectively manages the sale, from pitch to close, to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Sell and participate in all sales initiatives and projects.
- Collect thorough CNA notes and effectively communicate the information to the rest of their team as well as provide detailed requests for proposals so that a complete and effective campaign can be created for our clients.
- Provide all in-office communication during the first and last few hours of each day. All other times are expected to be in field.
- Manage and oversee all sales projects. Your office team will conduct the brunt of the work. In the end, the MSC is responsible for the final presentation and to ensure it is complete 24 hours before the client meeting.
- Manage and continually work your account list, prospect as well as active clients.
- As a consultant. the MSC is to become an industry expert including knowing all the products and services we offer, market competitive and market data.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of outside sales experience, presenting solutions to customers. If this experience is in marketing/advertising, this is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers to close the sale.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- A quick grasp of selling dynamics, an outgoing personality and the ability to adjust to the client’s environment and determine their needs.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Experience with system such as Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales, and Wide Orbit Traffic is a plus if experience was in marketing/advertising.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, especially in time management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients’ needs in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field is a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM News Leader 9 the #1 content brand in West Georgia and East Alabama, is seeking a Marketing Producer. The marketing producer will be a self-starter with the ability to adapt to the project, whether it be broadcast or digital, news promotion or commercial client-driven. He/she should be a visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography, and editing. Working with the Creative Director to conceptualize and create content that will help expand our rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will have work well with a creative team as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform advertising. Working with a team of producers and reporting to the Creative Director, this Marketing Producer must efficiently produce a variety of creative assets for both WTVM News Leader 9, WXTX Fox 54, and commercial clients. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively engage with WTVM News Leader 9, and WXTX Fox 54’s social audience and to have an understanding of social media monitoring and management tools for publishing and reporting.
College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography (Canon C-100). Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and Web CMS Frankly and/or Wordpress is a plus.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.