Click column header to sort
WVUE-TV FOX 8 located in New Orleans, LA has an opening for a Full-Time News/Content Specialist to join our award-winning team in the newsroom.
The candidate must be dedicated and a strong team player.
* Writing news copy & editing video for multiple shows
* Writing for Fox 8 Digital Platforms
* Handle teleprompter operation for newscasts
* Operate news graphics system during broadcasts
* Must be a strong writer with good creative and editorial judgment.
* College degree preferred from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
* Experience in a newsroom environment a plus. ENPS computer system as well as AVID non-linear editing is a plus.
Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls or emails please. EOE - M\F\D\V
Raycom Media’s national investigative team is seeking a current college student who can temporarily work part-time in our unit. The candidate should have a strong desire to hold the powerful accountable, an eye for accuracy and a love for digging into data and documents. This is not a coffee-ordering gig. This is a temporary paid job that offers real-world journalism experience while learning from a team of award-winning investigative reporters. The ideal candidate will work 10 hours per week.
You will work in tandem with the team, whose work is broadcast on more than 42 TV stations and appears online across the country and in more than 100 newspapers.
Students majoring in any medium - not just TV - are encouraged to apply. FOI and data skills are a plus. Passion is a must.
Qualified applicants, apply online and please include a cover letter, resume, three references, a letter of recommendation from a university representative and three samples of your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
New Orleans’ local media leader, WVUE FOX 8 seeks candidates for an exciting position – the Digital Sales Coordinator (DSC) – to play a critical role in the digital sales and support processes.
The DSC works with internal sellers and Sales Managers, as well as external personnel to ensure a seamless flow for our advertisers as their campaigns and special projects are built, launched, and maintained.
From helping with the assembly of sales materials, to initial order entry, to communicating design/business requirements to the corporate Digital Ad Ops and Digital Creative teams, and reporting on campaigns during flight, the DSC has a hand in every aspect of the digital advertising process at FOX 8. The DSC will also participate in social media components of campaigns to include content creation and publishing.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the MS Office suite, and familiarity with services like Google Analytics and comScore is beneficial, but not required. A four-year college degree in Business or Marketing is preferred, as well. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter & resume. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 in New Orleans, LA is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer to write and post fresh content to our website/apps, write clickable headlines that get results and engage the FOX 8 audience through our social media channels. You must be able to create and distribute content in real time with a focus on reaching news consumers on all platforms.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a newsroom paired with strong and efficient writing skills that also have a creative flair. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, blogging and experience on a content management system.
Candidates must also have a passion for news. You should be able to thrive in busy environment and excel as part of a team while also being proficient enough to work independently. Video editing experience is preferred.
Apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Be prepared to send writing samples and proof of social media use to engage audiences. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE FOX 8 in New Orleans is looking for an experienced, aggressive, motivating leader with strong editorial and personal skills to manage growing newscasts. Must have strong journalistic ethics.
Responsible for the overall vision, production quality and editorial content for all multimedia news platforms on a day to day basis with a concentration on broadcast. Lead producers in selecting relevant content for news broadcasts, and other platforms as assigned. Must be a creative and strong multimedia writer who can approve scripts and graphics for various platforms. Coordinate with the production, engineering, and IT teams to ensure creative and clean shows. Collaborate on special events planning. Must be proficient in editing and a strong knowledge in the latest in multimedia technologies. Responsible for coaching and leading a team of producers. Assist with the hiring of employees. Perform performance evaluations for assigned employees. Will produce newscasts as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working as a producer or 2-3 years as a news manager.
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit a resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, is looking for a full time Producer. Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts. Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important. Only optimistic attitudes who really understand the team approach need apply.
We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision. Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V