Click column header to sort
Raycom Media, Inc. is recruiting to fill Television Traffic Inventory Specialist positions to join its Centralized Traffic Operations in Charlotte, NC. The Specialist will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the daily broadcast logs, maintaining 13 weeks of commercial inventory, and keep open lines of communication with all levels of station management.
Television Traffic Specialist Responsibilities
- Provide the station with the necessary daily log inventory information to help them maximize revenue potential.
- Address all advertiser/product separation requirements.
- Work with the local station staff to ensure accurate inventory code selection on orders.
- Attend weekly station pricing/inventory meetings and provide pertinent information to assist the station reach their revenue goals.
- Understand and anticipate how local needs may differ from station to station.
- Use best practices and have the ability to understand and enforce Raycom Standards
- Provide backup as needed to other Traffic Specialists
- Perform other duties as instructed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail characteristics
- Ability to meet station and department deadlines
- Critical thinking skills with a focus on problem solving and providing solutions
- Previous Radio or TV experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic or related scheduling software a plus.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Broadcasting, or related field preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a skilled Part-Time News Content Specialist to help produce the morning and weekend newscasts. The successful candidate will have training and/or experience in a wide variety of television production skills including floor directing, audio, robotic camera operation and graphics.
Writing skills for the internet and other digital news platforms is a plus, as is experience in field camera operations and news editing. Work schedule may include mornings, nights and weekends.
To complete the application process, qualified candidates should apply online and attach a resume and links to their best work. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a driven, creative producer who wants to win and knows how to get it done. Excellent news judgement, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key.
You must understand how to build a newscast, not stack stories. A minimum of 2 years of line producing experience is required. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms (wbtv.com, mobile and social media).
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a skilled Content Specialist to help produce the evening and weekend newscasts. The successful candidate will have training and/or experience in a wide variety of television production skills including floor directing, audio, robotic camera operation and graphics. Writing skills for the internet and other digital news platforms is a plus, as is experience in field camera operations and news editing.
Apply online and attach resume and links of your best work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media is actively seeking a Charlotte based Digital Ad Operations Specialist with a strong digital media planning background to help complete our team. Raycom Digital Agency is a newly formed department of Raycom Media, which provides digital services for local sales team at 63 television stations located in 20 states.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in digital display advertising, mobile advertising, video advertising, native digital advertising, as well as 3rd party serving. He/she will be able to identify which platforms would be best to advertise on given the brand’s objectives and requirements as well as inventory available to maximize the impact of the campaign.
The Digital Ad Operations Specialist will be on his/her way to becoming an expert in the field of digital media, have a strong understanding of media consumption habits and audience profiles, and can independently our TV stations and clients. He/she can also easily navigate reporting and provide impactful takeaways to strengthen campaign’s delivery. Always an enthusiastic contributor, the Digital Ad Ops Specialist will add value to the team in both the pre-sale and post-sale phase of a campaign.
Strategic: The ability to align the digital campaign plan with the organization’s strategic objectives is paramount to success in this role.
Analytical: Interpreting data and being capable of adjusting the digital strategy based on analytics is a plus.
Tactical: Capable of handling tactical aspects of digital campaigns; ability to solve technical problems related to website, content, advertising, marketing efforts.
A Creator: Technically savvy combined with creative vision -- Digital Marketing is partly science but, make no mistake, it takes a creative mind to fill this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service and act as point of contact for assigned stations and clients.
- Efficiently and effectively execute new and revised digital orders.
- Traffic all ads in the ad serving platform and confirm launch success
- Monitor the scheduling, pacing, and implementation of all advertising campaigns to ensure timely, accurate implementation, and full delivery
- Communicate effectively and closely with local sales and support teams including vendors and external teams
- Ensure that campaign revisions are fully communicated and executed with 100% accuracy
- Confirm all ad orders adhere to tech and creative specifications and support creative/technical related inquiries from clients.
- Manage advertising specs and guidelines as new partners are added and as the company and product offerings evolve.
- Manage relationships with distribution channels, outside vendors, agencies, etc. and ad hoc requests from sales team.
- Partner with staff from across departments as a liaison on projects, new procedures, new systems, workflows, best practices and campaign, or creative issues as requested.
- Maintain Ad Ops processes and best practices and provide suggestions to leadership on improvement opportunities.
- Assist the development team in identifying and resolving ad-related technical issues.
- Monitor 1st and 3rd party campaign reporting, resolving any issues or inaccuracies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
- Superior multitasking skills. Able to work cross-functionally and handle multiple requests daily.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and a team player.
Nice to Haves:
- Google Certification
- 2+ years of agency/client experience
- Experience in DoubleClick for Publishers
Careers Center - Television Traffic Specialist
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The Health Sales Specialist is responsible for selling cross-platform solutions on the Raycom Media platforms, with a clear focus on the healthcare & medical industry. Raycom Media platforms include 60+ news/broadcast stations, desktop and mobile platforms as well as a robust suite of programmatic and extended audience solutions.
The Health Sales Specialist will work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to drive revenue and develop deep expertise in healthcare advertising. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of media and healthcare industries and be able to provide creative solutions for client’s marketing needs.
- Prepare and research for client meetings, working closely with the Regional Sales Managers on the health team and Sales Managers at each station.
- Supportand Assist Regional Sales Managers with business review and renewal meetings to maximize client satisfaction and reduce churn.
- Lead client presentations remotely and through in-person meetings
- Identify clients’ needs by listening and probing during discussions of their objectives and strategies.
- Study the competitive environment and build knowledge of the clients’ business.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks as assigned all while working in a fast paced environment.
- Execute a proven sales model.
- Invest in a long-term commitment to team and business growth, all while supporting company goals and objectives and contributing to team’s success.
- Travel to station sites for meetings when needed. This position requires travel (over 25% of the time).
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in business, marketing, or communications.
- Multi-platform sales background.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a sales/marketing representative with a high concentration in broadcast and digital sales.
- Strong knowledge of digital media industry. Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare marketing industry is a plus.
- Deep expertise in web, mobile, video, and social media platforms.
- Creative and strategic, with the ability to thrive creating custom presentations.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a team environment, and work well with other departments, especially the product, ad operations, and content teams.
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills.
- Proven track record in achieving/exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- Position is located at Raycom Corporate offices in Charlotte, NC.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Success Manager (SM)- WBTV/Charlotte Raycom Media seeks full-time Success Manager (SM). Position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for local accounts by serving as a point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Manager and Two Media Sales Consultants, WBTV’s Research Director, Digital Sales Manager and other resource personnel.
This position oversees post-sale client schedule booking, maintenance and campaign implementation and performance. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and willing to collaborate with the team to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills, and a proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment a must.
Minimum 2 years customer engagement experience in marketing/advertising or project and customer management experience. Experience in Microsoft Office is a must; experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Medialine preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V