Click column header to sort
Raycom Sports is seeking a highly motivated, solutions-oriented individual to join our team as Account Executive. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to present customized ideas that produce results for new and existing clients utilizing a portfolio of sports & entertainment properties.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop new and non-traditional revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
- Establish strong client relationships based on understanding their business objectives.
- Work with internal team members to develop effective strategies that meet client needs.
- Deliver impactful, dynamic presentations to small and large groups.
- Provide the highest level of customer service.
- Consistently achieve assigned revenue goals
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with decision makers at all levels
- Proven track record of selling sponsorships
- Experience working directly with brands as well as agencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- 2+ years of related experience and college degree preferred.
- Linear and digital media sales experience a plus
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V/
Gray TV is actively seeking a Charlotte based Digital Ad Operations Specialist with a strong digital media planning background to help complete our team. Our team provides digital services for local sales team at 63 television stations located in 20 states.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in digital display advertising, mobile advertising, video advertising, native digital advertising, as well as 3rd party serving. He/she will be able to identify which platforms would be best to advertise on given the brand’s objectives and requirements as well as inventory available to maximize the impact of the campaign.
The Digital Ad Operations Specialist will be on his/her way to becoming an expert in the field of digital media, have a strong understanding of media consumption habits and audience profiles, and can independently our TV stations and clients. He/she can also easily navigate reporting and provide impactful takeaways to strengthen campaign’s delivery. Always an enthusiastic contributor, the Digital Ad Ops Specialist will add value to the team in both the pre-sale and post-sale phase of a campaign.
Strategic: The ability to align the digital campaign plan with the organization’s strategic objectives is paramount to success in this role.
Analytical: Interpreting data and being capable of adjusting the digital strategy based on analytics is a plus.
Tactical: Capable of handling tactical aspects of digital campaigns; ability to solve technical problems related to website, content, advertising, marketing efforts.
A Creator: Technically savvy combined with creative vision -- Digital Marketing is partly science but, make no mistake, it takes a creative mind to fill this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service and act as point of contact for assigned stations and clients.
- Efficiently and effectively execute new and revised digital orders.
- Traffic all ads in the ad serving platform and confirm launch success
- Monitor the scheduling, pacing, and implementation of all advertising campaigns to ensure timely, accurate implementation, and full delivery
- Communicate effectively and closely with local sales and support teams including vendors and external teams
- Ensure that campaign revisions are fully communicated and executed with 100% accuracy
- Confirm all ad orders adhere to tech and creative specifications and support creative/technical related inquiries from clients.
- Manage advertising specs and guidelines as new partners are added and as the company and product offerings evolve.
- Manage relationships with distribution channels, outside vendors, agencies, etc. and ad hoc requests from sales team.
- Partner with staff from across departments as a liaison on projects, new procedures, new systems, workflows, best practices and campaign, or creative issues as requested.
- Maintain Ad Ops processes and best practices and provide suggestions to leadership on improvement opportunities.
- Assist the development team in identifying and resolving ad-related technical issues.
- Monitor 1st and 3rd party campaign reporting, resolving any issues or inaccuracies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
- Superior multitasking skills. Able to work cross-functionally and handle multiple requests daily.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and a team player.
Nice to Haves:
- Google Certification
- 2+ years of agency/client experience
- Experience in DoubleClick for Publishers
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV Charlotte has an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun environment as a Digital Client Success Specialist. Applicant must be detail-oriented, creative, and able to learn new things quickly. The ideal candidate is very organized, can work well under pressure, and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely. Good communication skills needed. Will work with all digital staff and report directly to the Digital Sales Manager. Candidate should be proficient in data entry and have experience in PowerPoint, Word and Excel, Photoshop and InDesign. Wide Orbit Traffic and Media Sales experience preferred.
Duties will include:
- Order entry in Wide Orbit Traffic
- Providing support to Digital Sales Manager, Sr. DSS and Media Sales Consultants
- Working with Photoshop & InDesign to aid in design & layout work
- Monitory delivery through DFP to ensure campaign performance
- Any other tasks as identified by Digital Sales Manager or Sales Management
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio operation, robotic studio cameras, and floor directing) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring a Media Sales Consultant.
Candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of agency negotiations, media software and research used in the broadcast industry. Candidate must be detail-oriented, a problem solver and have professional presentation skills. Prefer a minimum of three years broadcast sales experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V.
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring a Media Sales Consultant. Candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of agency negotiations, a track record of successful business development and ability to provide digital solutions across multiple platforms.
Candidate must be detail-oriented, a problem solver and have professional presentation skills. Three years broadcast experience required, and a college degree preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who will deliver the On Your Side brand on every story and loves to break news on-air and on digital/ social media platforms.
You must be resourceful and driven, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need an experienced journalist who connects the viewer to the story.
3-5 years reporting experience is required. You must be able to cultivate sources, mine for information online, and be a social media expert. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms (wbtv.com, mobile and social media).
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers). You must include a link to samples of your on air work. If you have previously applied through the Raycom Careers portal, please make sure you update your application, if needed. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who is passionate about breaking news and enterprising. You must be self-contained, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well.
We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a clear, compelling story.
3-5 years reporting experience required. You must be able to mine for information online and be a social media expert. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms (wbtv.com, mobile and social media).
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Can you find and produce incredible stories which people will be discussing and sharing on social media tomorrow? Are you an expert collaborator who encourages extreme creativity and comradery, while keeping the trains running on time? Can you juggle multiple projects at the same time, ranging from pre-production work, to picking up a camera yourself? Can you think way, way outside of the box? Do you like fun?
Congratulations! You just might be a perfect fit for our digital producer / MMJ position.
Creative Digital Storytellers Wanted
Raycom Media is looking for a creative video storyteller to join our team in Charlotte, NC. This position will support the development of new video franchises with in-house talent. You should have a well-honed nose for great stories that can play well across all platforms. The topics will be a mix of uplifting/feel good content and reality style “fish out of water” content. You will work very closely with our host, keeping her on track and schedule; producing, shooting, and editing stories; and being a trusty friend and loyal companion should ridiculousness occur.
You will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly and will split your time between producing, shooting, editing, and writing as necessary. Content pieces will range in length from short form (under five minutes) to longer format programming.
This position requires some travel and occasional off-hours work will be involved.
- Must be energetic, positive, and great to work with. We are not kidding about this.
- Bachelor's degree in film, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller, demo reel required
- Eager to work in startup environment where new ideas, change and experimentation are key
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Strong camera skills with field experience, preferably on C100 or Canon products
- Deep knowledge and efficiency in Adobe Premiere and Creative Suite
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs. of equipment
- Some travel and off-hours work required
- Willingness to occasionally appear on camera is a plus
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
DIRECTOR – WBTV3 seeks experienced, energetic newscast Director/TD. The successful candidate will work with producers to coordinate and execute fast pace, multiple live shot, graphic and animation intense newscasts.
The Director should have working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, chyron/thunder, video servers, audio and studio equipment. The winning candidate must be a strong leader who is pro-active, team player, creative, and keeps their composure during stressful situations.
To complete the application process, qualified candidates should apply online and submit a resume and links to their best work at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V