WMBF News seeks a Director who is a dedicated team leader and able to clearly communicate with production and the producer during live news, while calling and punching a clean show. Our newscasts are fast-paced and graphic-intensive, so speed and attention to detail are a must, as is the ability to work well with our team and maintain composure under pressure.
In addition to daily directing duties, the Director will be assigned other tasks within production, including but not limited to: studio camera operation, audio, Chyron, prompter, writing scripts for pre-produced segments, video editing, and clipping video for stories on WMBFNews.com.
Knowledge of and experience with Kahuna switcher, BitCentral, studio cameras, audio board, and Chyron are a must. Experience with Edius, Precis, Frankly and LiveU preferred.
A flexible schedule is necessary, and the candidate must be willing to work weekends, overnights, holidays and overtime as needed. Qualified candidates, please apply online. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News, Raycom Media's NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, SC is looking for an experienced investigative producer/reporter to join our news team. The right person for the position will be an organized, independent and dogged journalist, with a passion for creative storytelling, data mining and local news.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Conducting computer assisted research
- Organizing data and finding stories within spreadsheets and databases
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Shooting, writing and editing stories for television and digital platforms
- Developing sources within the community to learn about important issues
- Working with anchors and photographers on targeted special reports
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Fronting some stories on-air, but being just as comfortable writing investigative content for anchors
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement and find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in depth investigative reporting, please apply online and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports. EOE-M/F/D/V
Multi-Media Account Executive- WMBF-TV, the NBC affiliate in sunny Myrtle Beach, SC, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our winning sales team.
This position is responsible for growing existing accounts and developing new business by providing excellent customer service and offering multi-platform advertising solutions which include: WMBF-TV, Bounce TV and a suite of digital media products. Success will be measured meeting and exceeding new and existing business development goals. Ideal candidate will be energetic, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess problem solving skills, be detail oriented and possess the will to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit resume with your application. No phone calls please. Clean driving record and pre-employment drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF- Myrtle Beach, SC
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.