Chief of Engineering & Technology is a department head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Chief of Engineering & Technology, while staying within regulatory mandates, ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote and microwave equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, cable and satellite distribution, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations in a co-located, multi-station facility.
- Supervise operations, engineering, building maintenance, and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the corporate network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management and oversee safety and security procedures.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 5+ years technical experience, 2+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Other Job Requirements
- Commitment to the station’s mission and viewers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under stressful conditions.
- Pro-active in solving problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX8, the home of the New Orleans Saints, is seeking an individual to provide support for their national sales team.
The ideal applicantmust be detail-oriented, organized, able to prioritize and multi-task. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Applicant must be a quick learner, self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Candidate will also assist with one on one with clients to support sales efforts and relationship building.
Occasionally will assist with paid programming sales and trafficking, as well as any other necessary tasks that are relevant to meeting team goals. Must be able to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Past sales experience is desired. Previous station, rep firm, or advertising agency experience preferred. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Wide Orbit, Kantar, Scarborough, ComScore and Nielsen data is preferred.
WVUE-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Male/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.