Click column header to sort
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, is looking for a Part-time Assistant News Specialist. This is an entry level position with an opportunity for further advancement.
Successful candidate will write all FOX 8 platforms, including broadcast and digital. The candidate will also perform traditional production assistant duties (operating teleprompter and graphics, answering phones). Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, overnights and possible overtime hours.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience with television broadcasting and/or College Degree in broadcast-related field. Skills/Abilities: Must work well under pressure.
Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Digital Account Executive
Summary: The Digital Account Executive is responsible for driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets. This is a base plus commission position with unlimited earnings for the right candidate.
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Account Executive will be responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. Our Digital Account Executive will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media.
To achieve this, the DAE will:
- Consistently prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- Package, present and sell WVUE digital products to meet sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing.
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently achieve high activity levels in new business development to grow market share.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
- Report routinely to the DSM on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
Position Requirements: The Digital Account Executive should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience in communicating audience-based marketing solutions.
- Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
- Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
- Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive initiatives for change.
- Competitive personality and direct sales skills a must.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel and the internet is essential.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line by submitting your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug testing and Motor vehicle record required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, is looking for a full time Producer.
Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts.
Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important. Only optimistic attitudes who really understand the team approach need apply. We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision.
Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allow you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell!! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of sellng at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenancity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectivness
- Utilizes expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individual who will become our Media Sales Consultant are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V