Looking for a career in one of the smartest, fastest growing cities in America? Recently ranked the 7th best place to live in the country by “US News and World Report.” Huntsville, AL aka. “The Rocket City” could be the launching pad for your new career.
WAFF-TV, a Raycom station has an opening for a news promotion writer/producer/editor to join our talented team.
Required Qualifications: Excellent copywriting skills that can cut through the clutter while delivering a clear and creative copy. Non-linear editing skills, preferably on Adobe Creative Suite or Edius platform is a plus, as well as experience with ENPS. Ability to perform under tight deadlines and to work as a team with newscast producers and talent. Must be self-motivated and eager to develop new skills for a market leader. The ideal candidate has a passion for local news, along with a great eye and ear for integrating visuals, graphics and sound to create effective promos.
This position requires a candidate willing to work the evening shift. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test.
College degree in broadcasting, advertising, or previous news topical writing and editing experience is preferred. Former or current news producers with technical and creative abilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFF, in Huntsville AL, is seeking a full-time News Producer.
- Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link(s) to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.