Click column header to sort
On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and everything else? Looking for a job for those selfie skills to pay-off? Well, KOLD-TV (Tucson, AZ) the CBS affiliate has a position where those skills can be put to work. We are looking for someone extremely tech saavy who can use our digital tools to cover breaking news and tell good stories on our digital platforms while rarely coming into the newsroom. The right person will be a social butterfly who enjoys getting out in the community and highlighting the most unique events and people Southern Arizona has to offer. We are looking for a positive, highly motivated and creative storyteller. Duties will include writing, producing, shooting and editing content for all platforms. Some broadcast MMJ duties might also be included.
•Bachelor's degree in film, television, news, or related field - or equivalent professional experience
•Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
•Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
•Experienced with video and still editing systems, such as Edius, Premier, Photoshop
•Web posting experience
•Demo reel is preferred
•Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production time-lines
•Experienced in still photography preferred but not required
•Must be energetic and positive
•Must be highly motivated self-starter, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
•Experience and comfortability with social media [Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat] with willingness to post and engage on all platforms
•Experience on-camera to not only give interviews for feature videos, but also be interviewed on the news
•Must be a creative thinker
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls, please. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a clear motor vehicle license.
KOLD-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
KOLD/KMSB in Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a Newscast Producer. We`re looking for a high-energy, creative self-starter who can be a leader. Must understand the concept of an urgent, utility newscast with an emphasis on key content drivers. Must be willing to take strategic chances, make quick decisions and have a bank of story ideas. Stackers and packers need not apply.
Flexibility and tight writing skills are essential. Must understand the importance of social and digital media. You will need to have the drive to win the big local stories.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and link to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD News 13 in Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a full-time Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Successful candidate will need a Bachelor degree in Journalism or related field. Minimum 1-2 years reporting experience/live reporting preferred. Ability to tell memorable stories and experience in breaking major news stories preferred. Computer literacy preferred, including ENPS and Avid editing.
Candidate may shoot some of their own material using JVC or Sony High Definition cameras and edit on non-linear equipment. Must demonstrate strong news judgment, a keen sense of logistics, and ability to work well under pressure with strong "live" reporting skills. Candidate will gather, write and present news reports for various newscasts including our digital platforms, and will perform other duties as assigned by News Management. Must have valid driver`s license and proof of insurability.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume, references, a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy, and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD-TV in Tucson, Arizona is seeking an experience IT Manager with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, experience with software and hardware support, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Broadcast experience is a plus. Candidate should also have expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- primarily Windows and a familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe. Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in information technology preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Local Area Network (LAN): responsible for configuring, maintaining, and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment. This includes implementation, configuration, planning, management, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN environment within the station. Working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing scheme. Document and understand the station’s network topology, remote access, and VPN.
- Computers: responsible for configuring, installing, managing, maintaining, updating, and integrating the computers within the station to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications. This includes purchasing computers and maintaining an updated inventory of model, make, year, and other relevant information.
- Server Administration: responsible for maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment, including Organizational Unit awareness. Adds and configures printers. Responsible for managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- Desktop Operating Systems and Applications: Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows. Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications. Ability to properly configure the network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks.
- Cellular Phones and tablets. Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Ability to configure devices for email, store and app purchases, find my device, passcodes, and other relevant parameters. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity
- Telephone System: maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems including wire and cable facilities, telephone system equipment, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems. Documentation should include PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs and cross connects, and handset models and locations.
- Occasional use of ladders for the purpose of installing cabling infrastructure required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work in hot and cold environments
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD- Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V