Click column header to sort
KOLD- Multi-Platform Content Manager
Part of our leadership team that oversees daily operations, long-term strategic story planning, and content guidance. Specifically, this position processes, distributes, and manages news assignments in a multi-media news environment serving content on broadcast television, websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. Successful Content Managers plan story assignments, coordinate resources such as reporters & photographers, manages station live feeds, and ensures all deadlines are met.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers all incoming calls and processes incoming leads from a variety of external and internal sources
- Evaluates, produces, and disseminates or "assigns" incoming information to appropriate staff members to ensure timely delivery of story content to our audience on multiple platforms
- Self-generates or "writes" content for multiple platforms, such as for broadcast, digital posts and social media using copywriting/video/photo/live feed as appropriate
- Exercises a high level of discretion to determine best use and prioritization of resources, including time, to deliver content appropriately in time-sensitive situations
- Coordinates crew logistics.
- ENPS – Proficient use of planning calendar. Consistent rolodex update. Consistent entry/updates of pertinent news stories through press releases, news tips and follow ups from daily stories. Mandatory entry of all phone numbers, addresses and other contact information from stories.
- Public Records – Daily use of public record sites to assist with stories. Regular FOIA submissions for 911 calls, mug shots, dash cam, body camera video, surveillance video from homes/business in association with story, dispatch recordings, personnel recordings, suspect information, victim information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in journalism, media or related fields preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good news judgement and adherence to journalistic ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with news sources.
- Social media or digital experience, preferred.
- Field Reporting experience, preferred.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD-TV, the CBS affiliate in sunny Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a Newscast Producer. We`re looking for a high-energy, creative self-starter who can be a leader. Must understand the concept of an urgent, utility newscast. Must also understand the difference between telling a good story and avoiding "press release journalism." Candidates should be willing to take strategic chances, make key decisions, and have a bank of story ideas. Stackers and packers need not apply.
Flexibility and tight writing skills are essential. Must understand the importance of social and digital media and know how to strategically use in newscasts. You will need to have the drive to win the big local stories.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD/KMSB in Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a part time videographer/studio specialist.
Primary Duties include: Field photography where you will edit, shoot packages and VO's. In house you will operate studio camera, teleprompter, audio board, character generator, and adding content to tucsonnewsnow.com. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn technical skills are also required. Applicant must work well with others, be creative and detail oriented. Previous experience is preferred.
Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends, mornings and holidays. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility.
If qualified, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media is seeking a VP/GM for KOLD, its dominant CBS affiliate in the vibrant Sunbelt market of Tucson, AZ. This is a tremendous opportunity for an exemplary leader with contemporary skills in building on-air and digital platforms. Applicant should also have a proven track record in managing broadcast and digital revenue strategies. Competitive compensation/benefits.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD - FT Marketing Producer
The marketing producer will be a self-starter with the ability to adapt to the project, whether it be broadcast or digital, news promotion or commercial client-driven. Qualified applicant should be an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography and Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs. Working with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development to conceptualize and create content that will help expand our rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will have to work well with a creative team as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform advertising. Working with a team of producers and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this Marketing Producer must efficiently produce a variety of creative assets for both KOLD News 13, AZ Weekend and a variety of commercial clients.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD-TV, the CBS affiliate in Tucson, Arizona is hiring a full-time Meteorologist/Reporter or Weather Reporter for our successful morning broadcasts. We have the unpredicatable monsoon, dangerous heat, flash floods, lightning shows and sunsets to die for in the desert!
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate his or her ability to energetically deliver an informative and compelling weather story, focusing on the DMA with particular attention to its largest population centers. We are hyper-local, focused on social media, and forecasting for life-style activities and events.
As our Weekday Morning Meteorologist/Reporter (or Weather Anchor) you will deliver forecasts five days a week on KOLD (CBS) morning broadcasts between 4:30-7:00am and also on KMSB (FOX) between 7:00-9:00am. Responsibilities will also include some midday broadcasts.
You should be very familiar with the major social media platforms and will interact daily with our viewers via social media, and especially during severe and other major weather events. You will also contribute video content for the station's First Alert Weather App and our web site.
In addition, you may from time to time fill in on our other newscasts as well as deliver live reports from the field on breaking weather coverage. As a member of our weather team you will assist in creating high-quality weather shows, including prepping forecasts and creating graphics for yourself and other members of the weather team. Community appearances will also be included.
Preference will be given to a candidate who has:
A meteorology or similar degree, or is on an academic path to earn such a degree.
Experience as an on-air forecaster in a small market or university television station.
Experience with the WSI MAX weather system, or alternatively another television weather computer system.
The ability to work well with others and under pressure as well as tight deadlines.
and who can be on time for any shifts assigned, which may include days, nights, early mornings, and weekends.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your demo reel. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
KOLD - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V