WALB is seeking a part time Master Control Operator responsible for the operation of all systems within our new multi-HD station master control room.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording and encoding of satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingesting, editing, switching and quality control monitoring of all programing and transmission systems. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs and be able to work varied shifts including holidays. Ability to work under pressure and handle technical difficulties in a calm manner.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB, an NBC/ABC affiliate in Albany GA, is currently recruiting for a dynamic seller to become a National/Transactional Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be someone who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This position will be challenged in creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
- Candidate must possess strong motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of success. Attention to details is a must.
- Manage day to day activity of National Sales Rep Firm.
- Out of market travel will be required.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives are vital! Building buyer relationships, communicating clearly and concisely, as well as the ability to accurately forecast, budget and execute a strategic plan is critical.
- Must be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help National account businesses grow.
- Above average TV sales software skills are important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, ComScore, Media Sales and Sharebuilders.
- If you are a critical thinker, possess a strong work ethic and have the desire to win with innovative and new ideas, please apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
- EDUCATIONAL and/ or EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of equivalent experience selling and generating transactional accounts. Required skills include pro-active creative leadership, new business development, sales training, relationship building and a successful track record in television sales.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach a resume with cover letter. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV NBC and ABC is looking for an Account Executive.
This position will be required to develop strategies and marketing plans for current clients and New clients using broadcast & digital platforms.
Outside sales experience is preferred, but not required, however some sales experience is needed. Needs to be creative, a fast learner and able to work in a highly competitive market and in a very fast paced work environment.
Qualified applicants need a vast understanding of Digital platforms and understand how to integrate marketing ideas using these platforms. Persistence on a daily basis to make numerous calls, fielding objectives and able to take rejection and move on will be required. Team work is necessary. You will be required to inform and keep management aware of any and all situations with clients. Very reliable transportation is needed.
Please apply on-line (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time News Producer.
The ideal candidate will excel at writing for broadcast and have a true passion for news. Candidate must have great time management skills and perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Candidate must also have video editing experience. A successful producer is self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, lives for writing, and embraces new technology and social media. Must be a team player.
Candidate must also embrace our live, local, and late breaking brand and strive to live up to it everyday. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern or production experience a plus.
Qualified applicants who fit this description, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your writing work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.