Click column header to sort
WFXG-TV is currently accepting applications for a full-time Broadcast/IT Engineer. If you are strong on IT experience but light on broadcast experience we will train a person with the right aptitude. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and network services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and administrative operations and will reportto the Director of Technology.
- Supporting the day-to-day operation of a television broadcast as a capable operator and/or maintenance technician
- Maintaining programming and transmitter logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission
- Monitoring, backing up, configuring, maintaining and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment
- Purchasing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining desktop computers, printers, peripherals, and licensed software
- Administering, maintaining, and repairing all aspects of telephone system equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems
- Managing software installation and configuration of iOS devices primarily cell phones and iPads
- Creating and maintaining system configuration documentation
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
- Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers
- Performing other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree preferred
- Transmitter / satellite experience preferred
- Computer and/or broadcast technical skills are a plus as cross-training in other areas will be required
- Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms (primarily Windows)
- Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications
- Ability to properly configure network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks
- Cisco Certification is a PLUS
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
- Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG FOX 54 has a full time opening for an experienced Anchor/Producer/Reporter to co-anchor our four-hour morning weekday newscasts.
Anchors here are leaders in the newsroom, relying on their news judgment and experience. We need someone who can be engaged in local news, enterprising and producing compelling news stories and live shots. Our anchors also help mentor young producers and reporters.
Our anchors also have the ability to fill in produce when necessary and associate produce daily. Reporting duties are as assigned.
The ideal candidate will also be engaged in the community, social media, station events and promotional efforts. The individual who fills this position will play an important role in the long-term growth and success of WFXG FOX 54.
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. MVR and Drug Screen required. Some driving required for this position. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist needs to do it all; report, shoot, edit and push content online. This position will go live in the field on a daily basis and normally work by themselves to gather content for packages and other stories for both on-air and online.
- Write and package breaking news stories and general news stories for TV as well as the online and mobile community.
- Produce visual journalism, including photos and video, to use in packages and stories for both on-air and online to help supplement the work of full-time video journalists on staff.
- Constantly update your story online whether it is breaking or a general news story with unique web only content and interviews.
- Understand basic internet search engine optimization practices and utilize them when researching and writing stories and online content.
- Contribute to FOX 54’s growth by using social media to converse with viewers and gather ideas and content online.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years MMJ experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG Fox 54 in Augusta, GA is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Digital Content Producer to manage and create content for our website, mobile and social media platforms.
Duties include - but are not limited to - writing news stories, gathering content, delivering content on digital platforms, engaging users, and working with news staff to increase the overall quality and quantity of the Fox 54 digital output.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing, creative candidate with journalism experience and technical skills required for this job. Prior news experience is a must. Understanding of social media audience engagement and search engine optimization techniques are also preferred.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. Must have basic working knowledge of web design and maintenance. Experience with writing in AP style is preferred.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn software applications used in the newsroom. Knowledge of entry level video editing software a plus.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls.