Fox 54 News Now in Augusta, Georgia is looking for a full-time Reporter/MMJ to start immediately.
The ideal candidate will have a strong on-air presence and excellent writing skills for on-air broadcast and online. Candidate must excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and requires writing for our online product and social media sites.
Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Must be able to work well under strict deadlines, and under pressure. Driver's license required. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist needs to do it all; report, shoot, edit and push content online. This position will go live in the field on a daily basis and normally work by themselves to gather content for packages and other stories for both on-air and online.
- Write and package breaking news stories and general news stories for TV as well as the online and mobile community.
- Produce visual journalism, including photos and video, to use in packages and stories for both on-air and online to help supplement the work of full-time video journalists on staff.
- Constantly update your story online whether it is breaking or a general news story with unique web only content and interviews.
- Understand basic internet search engine optimization practices and utilize them when researching and writing stories and online content.
- Contribute to FOX 54’s growth by using social media to converse with viewers and gather ideas and content online.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years MMJ experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG-TV is currently accepting applications for a full-time Broadcast/IT Engineer. If you are strong on IT experience but light on broadcast experience we will train a person with the right aptitude. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and network services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and administrative operations and will reportto the Director of Technology.
- Supporting the day-to-day operation of a television broadcast as a capable operator and/or maintenance technician
- Maintaining programming and transmitter logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission
- Monitoring, backing up, configuring, maintaining and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment
- Purchasing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining desktop computers, printers, peripherals, and licensed software
- Administering, maintaining, and repairing all aspects of telephone system equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems
- Managing software installation and configuration of iOS devices primarily cell phones and iPads
- Creating and maintaining system configuration documentation
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
- Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers
- Performing other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree preferred
- Transmitter / satellite experience preferred
- Computer and/or broadcast technical skills are a plus as cross-training in other areas will be required
- Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms (primarily Windows)
- Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications
- Ability to properly configure network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks
- Cisco Certification is a PLUS
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
- Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG- Augusta, GA
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.