Click column header to sort
WTVM Success Manager
WTVM, THE local leader in business advertising solutions for Columbus-Auburn-Opelika is again blazing a new trail in local media sales. WTVM is greatly expanding its sales force, inside sales support team, digital experts and resources our clients want and need in the fast-changing media and digital sales landscape. This expansion creates fresh and exciting job opportunities in a variety of newly crafted sales positions that are designed to reward the individual and offer a variety of paths for professional growth within Raycom Media in the area of broadcast and digital media sales.
WTVM has an unparalleled opportunity in media sales, one in which success is the goal for the individual and the company. Indeed, “success” is in the title of this unique and profitable opportunity in broadcast and digital media sales.
The optimal candidate for the position of Success Manager is a goal-driven, self-motivated, responsible individual willing to collaborate with the sales support staff to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Candidate must be detail oriented and preferably have 2-5 years in a sales organization, preferably in a sales role. The Success Manager – in partnership with their Media Sales Consultant (MSC) - helps develop and fully execute strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives.
This salaried position is designed specifically to insure the success of the client’s campaigns and expands on that relationship from daily communications to conducting strategic planning sessions. The Success Manager is the key liaison between the client and WTVM Sales. They will manage all phases of the advertising campaigns, from research and planning to execution, optimization and analysis.
If you have sales experience, but have not specifically sold media, Raycom Media has one of the best training programs in the industry. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to use their marketing skills to grow into positions of increasing responsibility and salary growth.
Primary Responsibilities of the Success Manager
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), the Success Manager coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive growth in their business.
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving make goods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Participates in the development of creative, media and execution of campaigns.
- Help create compelling, client-focused sales presentations in concert with the MSC, research staff, and other support staff in the sales organization.
- Advises the MSC by providing information on individual client successes, areas for improvement, and assistance with successful implementation of objectives
- Uses technical and business development skills to increase client’s utilization of current technology as well as new technology releases.
- Tracks, analyzes, creates, and delivers relevant online campaign reports and insights to clients through Raycom Dashboards and research metrics.
- Effectively manages ongoing projects/client deliverables on time, and within budget.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix software experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell WTVM and Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Technical prowess.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM News Leader 9 is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist.
The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, directing, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including shooting, editing and writing stories for web and TV. Additional responsibilities may include operating ENG, (Electronic News Gathering) SNG (Satellite News Gathering) vehicles, and using LiveU technology. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, maintain a clean driving record, and obtain certification for live vehicles if necessary. Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast television.
Must be able to climb a ladder, stand for long periods, and may be required to do moderate lifting. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
WTVM-TV, the dominant ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA, is seeking an Reporter/Anchor for our weekend morning newscasts who is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous anchoring experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at 2-3 years experience as a reporter or multi-media journalist. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please.
WTVM News Leader 9, the number one source for news in beautiful Columbus Georgia, is looking for a driven, creative Producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts.
Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories). The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of line producing experience and a proven track record of success. This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drugs test and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V