Click column header to sort
WTOC-TV in Savannah, GA has a rare opening on our Meteorology team. The person in this position is expected to bring a weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a real sense of urgency in their weathercasts.
This position covers weekend weather shifts, covers vacations and assists with severe weather coverage as needed. We employ a team approach when it comes to weather coverage here at WTOC. This position also works closely with the weather team to create graphics and content for the weathercasts and on our digital platforms. Applicant should be knowledgeable of the WSI Max platform. Meteorologist degree preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV, the No. 1 news organization in Savannah, GA, is hiring a producer with a winning attitude and a passion for news. The right person is a strong writer, self-starter, communicator and team player. They're also good time managers, detail-oriented, and creative when telling great stories. One year news producing experience preferred. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach your resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV, the CBS affiliate in Savannah, GA seeks a full-time Master Control Operator responsible for operation of all systems within a multi-station master control.
Duties include, but are not limited to, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup, recording and download of satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and preparation of video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems.
Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs. Candidates must be willing and able to work overnights, weekends and holidays.
Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required. Previous master control experience desirable.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
IT Assistant: WTOC is seeking an IT Assistant to work closely with the IT Manager & Technology team to provide day to day technical support to all users.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support day-to-day user requests for technical support
- Maintenance on all systems, hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with workstations, printers, networking and mobile devices
- Work with software/hardware vendors and providers to resolve technical issues
- Assist with system updates and monitoring of computer equipment for proper operation
- Assist with inventory and technical documentation of systems and processes
- Successful candidate will have strong foundational knowledge of computing & networking concepts, proficiency in MS office 365/2013, Symantec Backup Exec & A/V & Windows Server 2008-2014
- We are seeking a team-player with excellent communication & people skills who can work independently in a fast paced 24/7 environment
- Must be able to climb ladders, lift in excess of 40 pounds and perform all work as assigned
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate, is looking for a part-time News Content Specialist to join our team. Outside of our company, you may know this job by the title of "production assistant" or "operations crew." Whatever you call it, this job can be some of the most fun you'll ever have at work while supporting an amazing staff of journalists, directors, and other specialties.
We are looking for motivated, self-starters who can perform in a fast-paced environment. You'll perform the traditional operations duties (studio camera, graphics, audio, TelePrompTer) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting digital content. If you're looking to get your foot-in-the-door in an exciting position, with great opportunities for upward mobility...this is the job for you. Flexible schedule and good driving record required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred, but not necessary. Drug Screen required.
Apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V