Click column header to sort
Master Control Operator: KSLA, the CBS/GRIT/BOUNCE affiliate in Shreveport, LA, has an opening for a Master Control Operator. We are looking for a person with a positive, team-oriented attitude with good communication skills and willingness to work in a dynamic broadcasting & news environment. The Master Control Operator maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air playlists and its commercial content. Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day with weekend, night, and holiday work as part of the job.
Applicant should be a self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, detail oriented with the ability to understand and follow instructions and be a team player with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Monitor all confidence feeds across all platforms for signal quality
- Check and verify continuity of playlist for all local insertion
- Ingest commercial content and show content as needed daily
- Sign on/off daily technical logs and EAS logging
- Must work well with others as well as working without direct supervision
Candidate must have strong technical and communication skills with a preference of some prior experience with master control operations. Must have skills with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a master control operator at a commercial broadcast television station
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer/MMJ.
Your primary focus is to produce and promote original content for the station’s website, social media and digital platforms, mobile and on air. You can put your digital expertise to work by developing and producing multimedia projects for OTT and our news app. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of AP style writing. Reporting experience and solid news judgment are essential.
Knowing how to use the right digital tools for the best visual and interactive storytelling is a must, as is experience using DSLR and other photography/videography equipment.
360 Camera and Videolicious experience is a plus.
Anchor/producer experience is a plus as well.
If you meet these qualifications, apply online and attach your resume and links to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA -Account Executive
Are you a goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork—just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability to achieve set sales quotas. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. We believe in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
The individuals who will join our team are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, confident and have a positive attitude- if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client meetings, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience preferred, with interactive/digital experience preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA NEWS 12 is seeking an Anchor/Reporter for our morning and noon newscasts who is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous anchoring experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at least 3 years reporting experience. Applicant should bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering and developing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 is seeking a part-time Associate Producer.
Successful candidate will perform traditional associate producer duties, including working as a newscast producer, writing stories, selecting stories, and editing video for newscasts. Other newsroom duties include contributing to KSLA's digital platforms. This is an exciting position with great potential for growth. Weekend work and flexible hours may be required. College degree in broadcast journalism, mass communication, or relevant field preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA- Media Planner
Perfect position for a go-getter looking to gain broader advertising exposure and direct client contact. The ideal candidate has a true passion for the advertising industry and is always looking for ways to soak up more knowledge. They multi-task in their sleep and are natural born problem solvers. Their sleeves are already rolled up – but they are just looking for a place to dig in. This position reports directly to, and will work closely with the Sales Management and Sellers. You’ll be a force within the station, known as a go-to-person for media planning expertise. Every day brings a new challenge to the job, but few things you can expect to be accountable for consistently:
- Knowledge of basic media research tools to analyze market trends and forecast conditions and opportunities to positively affect client’s business objectives.
- Assist account executives by providing pre-call planning date and category insights.
- Collaborate with Account executives and sales leadership team to create compelling and detailed proposals.
- Help establish media strategies and success metrics for advertising campaigns.
- Assist in reporting for Digital campaigns (working knowledge of Dart/DFP)
- Evaluate broadcast audience, web traffic, social, digital campaign, and SEM analytics to create cohesive analysis and recommendations
- Evaluate sponsorship packages and develop POV
- Work closely with media sales representatives to evaluate best plans and ensure flawless execution.
- Gather statistics and prepare media plans under the direction of the Sales Manager.
- Study demographic data and consumer profile to identify desired target audiences for multi-media campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations, development marketing strategies and long range media plans.
- Calculate reach and frequency of potential media.
- Assist in the creation and adjustment phases of client media plans.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Client’s business, objectives and goals.
- Keep up to date on all media trends.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate will successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA 12/Raycom Digital, Shreveport, LA is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant. If you are looking for a fun and fast paced career this may be the position for you. You must be detailed orientated, creative, and able to learn new concepts quickly.
The ideal candidate should be organized, posses superior communication skills and have excellent time management abilities. This position works directly with the sales department, other station departments, advertisers and agencies on daily continuity duties, to assure that campaigns run as directed.
Candidate should also have experience in MS Office and be proficient in data entry. Experience with digital traffic systems such as Google DFP and Wide Orbit DFP is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative environment.
Please apply on-line (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your cover letter and resume. Completion of a pre-employment drug test and clean driver's record required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client and as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants, Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies upsell opportunities within an account’s marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager’s account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional areas
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client’s advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles, and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client’s marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective, ROI expectations
- Key Traits
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or SalesForce experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V