Raycom Sports is looking for a team-first, energetic, creative Producer/Editor with a passion for producing industry-leading content in the digital space. The ideal candidate can oversee and manage projects, work across multiple subject matters, enterprise fresh concepts and content and work within a team and the goals established by the organization as a whole.
The Raycom Sports Digital Team is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategies designed to optimize the position of sports and entertainment brands in the digital space. The Preditor position will play a key role in the development of video content that aligns with broader content and business strategies. The content, which will include varying lengths and formats, will be designed to live on various platforms including owned website, mobile applications, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, publishing partners and OTT platforms including AppleTV, Android TV and Roku.
Projects will include, but aren’t limited to, Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live, The Basketball Tournament, and The Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Produce and manage the production of video on demand programming for today’s digital-first audience.
- Ability to edit multiple, daily, professional quality, finished, short-form video programs (AVID Media Composer experience preferred).
- Ability to integrate graphics and animation into the video, create graphics and provide direction for graphic elements and other enhancements within programming.
- Pitch Senior Producer on programming ideas, coverage plans and concepts – including recommended execution plans and workflow.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Raycom Sports production and digital teams, including: AP’s, PA’s, editors, talent, etc., to accomplish the programming goals and contribute to each individual’s growth as video production professionals while advancing the goals of the business.
- Script writing as needed.
- Properly upload and tag videos onto distribution platforms.
- Operate other content generation systems as employed by the business, i.e., automated highlight systems
- Provide direction for graphic elements and other enhancements within programming.
- 1-3 years working in sports & entertainment television or digital production.
- Must possess an ability to work quickly and accurately, simultaneously working on multiple projects in a single day and meet intense deadlines.
- Familiarity with online, social and mobile media practices, platforms and strategies.
- Analytical skills to apply to continual analysis of viewing data, programming mix, opportunistic programming, etc.
- Sports/Entertainment fan with specific knowledge of subject matter preferred.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative process and is willing and able to work with producers/editors/shooters from the Raycom Sports Production team
- Proficiency with AVID Media Composer editing systems
- Willingness to work flexible or varied hours including nights and weekends.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand or sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds of camera equipment
- Must be able to perform physical duties consistent with setting up a production studio such as bending, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to work in an office environment with moderate noise
- Ability to perform computer work for an extended period of time
- May be requested to work non-business hours and weekends for special job-related events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We are looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who will deliver the On Your Side brand on every story and loves to break news on-air and on digital/ social media platforms.
You must be resourceful and driven, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need an experienced journalist who connects the viewer to the story.
3-5 years reporting experience is required. You must be able to cultivate sources, mine for information online, and be a social media expert. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms (wbtv.com, mobile and social media).
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers). You must include a link to samples of your on air work. If you have previously applied through the Raycom Careers portal, please make sure you update your application, if needed. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V