Click column header to sort
WBTV CBS/wbtv.com/BOUNCE TV, in Charlotte, NC seeks a Media Sales Consultant.
Candidate must demonstrate a knowledge of agency negotiations, a track record of successful new business and internet development. Candidate must be detail-oriented, a problem solver and have professional presentation skills. One-two years broadcast experience required and a college degree preferred.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for an aggressive assignment editor to join our morning team. The ideal candidate for this position will have solid news judgment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to adjust to a constantly changing environment while working under deadline.
- Managing logistics and resources
- Newsgathering (including developing story ideas, confirming information, breaking news coverage)
- Creating and publishing content to digital and social media platforms
- Monitoring scanners and social media
- Communicating with broadcast and digital producers, field crews
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for an energetic, aggressive multimedia journalist who loves to break news and has to be first on all platforms- broadcast, digital, and social media.
You must be self-contained, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a clear, compelling story.
At least two years of experience as an MMJ is required. This is a temporary, full-time position.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a part-time overnight News Photographer.
The successful candidate will have training and/or experience in television news photography and non-linear video editing. Basic skills in ENG operations, audio board, robotic systems are a plus.
Writing skills for broadcast and web are very desirable. This is a great position for someone looking to start a career in news, television or web production in a large market environment. Must be able to work flexible hours.
Apply online and attach resume and links of your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a creative, aggressive photographer/MMJ to join its award-winning morning news team. This is an entry-level position, ideal for someone with some photography and editing experience who is eager to get a foot in the door. A journalism or communication background is a big plus. You must be self-motivated, have good communication skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Primary duties include monitoring scanners, social media, and other sources for news, gathering video, interviews, and information, editing for broadcast and digital/ social platforms, setting up/ executing multiple live shots per shift, and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time hourly position and will include working holidays and some weekends.
Please apply online and attach resume with cover letter as well as a link to samples of your work. Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
DIRECTOR – WBTV3 seeks experienced, energetic newscast Director/TD. The successful candidate will work with producers to coordinate and execute fast pace, multiple live shot, graphic and animation intense newscasts.
The Director should have working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, chyron/thunder, video servers, audio and studio equipment. The winning candidate must be a strong leader who is pro-active, team player, creative, and keeps their composure during stressful situations.
To complete the application process, qualified candidates should submit a resume and links to their best work at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com . Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
Success Manager (SM)- WBTV/Charlotte Raycom Media seeks full-time Success Manager (SM). Position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for local accounts by serving as a point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Manager and Two Media Sales Consultants, WBTV’s Research Director, Digital Sales Manager and other resource personnel.
This position oversees post-sale client schedule booking, maintenance and campaign implementation and performance. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and willing to collaborate with the team to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills, and a proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment a must.
Minimum 2 years customer engagement experience in marketing/advertising or project and customer management experience. Experience in Microsoft Office is a must; experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Medialine preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Position: Sales Marketing Specialist
The Sales Marketing Specialist at WBTV is the go to position for customized client presentations, sales marketing collateral, sales initiative support and sponsorship management. A PowerPoint expert, the Sales Marketing Specialist will coordinate promotional plans with News and Marketing and create go to market sponsorship presentations.
- Knowledge of the television and digital media sales business.
- Ability to create a positive sales story from relevant analytics
- Strong familiarity with and local knowledge of the Charlotte market and its media businesses, major industries, local businesses, communities and market characteristics.
- High proficiency with PowerPoint and the use of video and video production for sales presentation purposes.
- Proficiency to create and produce comprehensive sales materials and presentations associated with WBTV franchises, initiatives and sales properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with WBTV Sales, Marketing, News and Digital leadership to develop go-to-market sales presentations and materials associated with the station's many sales sponsorships and station initiatives.
- Gain a strong working knowledge base of all WBTV sales assets, offerings and station properties
- Develop and update an all-inclusive sales presentation that showcases the full portfolio of WBTV sales properties and initiatives.
- Assist Sales Team by providing pre-call planning and category insights as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations that help support client's marketing strategies and long-range marketing/media plans based on Customer Needs Analysis provided by Media Sales Consultants.
- Provide a sales calendar and timelines for all sales events and major station sales initiatives.
- Keep up to date as possible on all media trends.
To apply please send your resume to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a curious, hard-hitting investigator who is driven to uncover the truth and get results for our viewers. This position will join our award-winning Investigative team known for uncovering corruption and holding officials accountable.
The right candidate will have experience using public records, basic computer-assisted reporting skills and will be able to develop a network of confidential sources to produce in-depth stories that you can’t find anywhere else. Strong broadcast and print writing skills, the ability to shoot/edit and a strong social media presence are a must.
To apply please send your resume and links to your work to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC, is seeking a full-time Reporter/MMJ.
The right person for this job must be the total package- 100% reporter and 100% photographer. We are looking for an aggressive general assignment multimedia journalist who loves to break news and has to be first. You must be self-contained, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well.
We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a compelling story through strong writing (broadcast and digital) and outstanding photography. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of multiplatform journalism.
3-5 years reporting experience required, significant live experience is a plus. You must be able to mine for information online and be a social media expert. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts.
Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories).
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of line producing experience and a proven track record of success. This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
To apply please send your resume and links to your work to:
https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV in Charlotte, North Carolina, is looking for a Digital Content Manager to join the newsroom leadership team. This person will be responsible for developing and executing digital content tactics from a digital first strategy. The Digital Content Manager will directly supervise a team of producers, will work collaboratively within the News/Content Department and with other departments to educate the staff and will produce and coordinate a wide range of digital content across multiple platforms. Being a team player, a leader and an innovator is a must for this fast-paced and exciting opportunity. This is not an entry-level position.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms, tactics and strategies
- Knowledge of current digital platforms including OTT, mobile and web-based products
- Experience in a 24/7 news environment including experience making editorial decisions
- Strong writing, presentation and video skills; previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Edius preferred
- Troubleshooting skills including experience working with remote vendor customer service and support teams
- Understanding digital audience analytics; preferably experience with Google Analytics data
The successful candidate should also have a track record of innovation and have sufficient confidence to experiment in the evolving segment of our business.
Qualified applicants, apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
WBTV - Operations Tecnician
Responsibilities include: switch station breaks and programming digital channels, record satellite program feeds, segment syndicated programming, closed caption monitoring, and check quality of program feeds prior to air time. Operate Crispin tapeless airplay system: Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air.
Check next days logs for missing material. Keep accurate transmitter and program logs. Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must be able to work over nights and weekends and to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring two entry level Account Executives. Candidate must demonstrate the drive and initiative to develop local direct business revenue utilizing numerous TV and Digital solutions available. Candidate must be self-starter that is detail-oriented and a problem solver. Strong presentation skills, competence with computers and Microsoft suite of products are required. Sales experience a plus, and a college degree preferred. Compensation package includes base salary plus commission.
Send resume to https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Motion Graphics Designer
Raycom Media is seeking a motion graphics designer with 2+ years of relevant experience looking to join a growing creative team. Key responsibilities include concept development, style frame and storyboard designs; and animation. Must possess the ability to work quickly and intelligently in a very fast-paced and creative-focused environment. We’re looking for individuals who consistently strive to raise the bar and push their own creative limits, learn new techniques, and incorporate new ideas.
Must be a team-oriented contributor that can champion the creative process and deliver creative solutions through design and motion. Candidate should be fast, reliable and organized with an emphasis on creative strategy and problem solving. The ability to blend technology and design seamlessly is essential. We’re looking for a creative and innovative problem solver. But above all, we’re looking for an individual driven their work and helping our clients connect with their audience.
- Designing and animating for both digital and broadcast commerical content.
- Understanding and applying current and developing design trends
- Assist in research and development of new techniques, software, plug-ins and assist the team with current industry trends
- Participating in input sessions, presenting your ideas to the creative team, and contributing to creative client conversations
- Creating concepts, boards and style frames
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions geared toward specific client solutions
- Leading teams of designers and animators on larger projects and effectively planning your workload
- Helping to maintain file management, system efficiencies, and establishing technical specifications
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in design and animation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Excellent general 3D skills (especially in Cinema 4D) a huge plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for current technology and continued creative growth
- Detail-oriented and passionate about creating engaging, inspiring work.
- Deep understanding of typography, storyboards, concept design, storytelling, movement and interactivity
- Drug screen required
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V