WECT is located along the beautiful North Carolina coast, in Wilminton, NC, one of the fastest growing regions of the country. An Account Executive here has the distinction of selling the legacy station, with dominant news and NBC programming, while also being on the forefront of digital products and services, to complete the suite of marketing tools for any advertiser. With Raycom Media as our parent company, our sales team helps local businesses to grow by reaching their audiences across many platforms.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, skilled negotiator who possesses a proven track record of growing existing business and generating new revenue through customized solutions across multiple platforms. Experience in the broadcast industry is required. Knowledge of digital products and services, along with proficency with Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint, Excel and Word is highly desired.
If you are a quick learner, energetic, results-driven, and thrive on working in a competitive, fast-paced environment, apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WECT, the Raycom-owned NBC affiliate in the beautiful, coastal city of Wilmington North Carolina is currently seeking a dynamicleader to serve as General Manager.
Find out why Wilmington is a great place to work and live! Defined by its rich past and bright future Wilmington is a vibrant riverfront city with timeless character that has preserved its historic places, while fostering an ever-evolving independent spirit. Pristine beaches and marshlands are minutes away, their National Register Historic District is one of the largest in the U.S. and is home to the University of NC Wilmington.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Group Vice President.
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Must be the “face” of Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximize profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds upon a great station culture Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (previous General Sales Manager, News Director or General Manager experience preferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication and staff development/retention/advancement
- Current portfolio includes successful leadership and innovation on TV and digital platforms.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.