Click column header to sort
WTVM-TV, the dominant ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA, is seeking an Reporter/Anchor for our weekend morning newscasts who is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous anchoring experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at 2-3 years experience as a reporter or multi-media journalist. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about creating content that breaks the news story mold? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area? And create engaging stories that present non-traditional revenue opportunities? If so, we want you to join our team.
WTVM News Leader 9 the #1 content brand in West Georgia and East Alabama is looking for a creative storyteller to help expand its rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces weekly; splitting their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content that engages and produce results across multiple platforms.
The City Weekend producer demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform content. Energetic, a strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter that will work with a team of producers or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast and digital assets. The ideal candidate will also work with the sales team to develop new revenue opportunities for our expanding broadcast and digital properties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred. Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and DSLR (Canon C-100 a plus) cinematography. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat, Brightcove, Wordpress plus audience engagement and management tools for digital publishing, reporting and analytics experience is required.
On-camera experience a plus. Evenings and some weekends may be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter, resume and demo reel. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The WTVM Senior Digital Sales Specialist
The SR DSS– in concert with the Digital Team - helps develop and fully execute digital marketing initiatives to meet sales objectives and help close digital business. This role will target our Top 100 accounts, train and educate the team on digital products, and maintains digital campaigns, projects, and internal systems workflow of the digital team. SR DSS will report to the Digital Sales Manager and will assist the team in making digital revenue goals through helping MSCs develop and close digital dollars. These tasks include work in and outside of the office.
- Targeting the station’s Top 100 accounts and driving digital revenue.
- Learn about all aspects of digital advertising and helping train and educate the team on new digital products and trends.
- Work as a team with the MSCs, SMs, and other digital team members to create strategies, creative messages, and successful digital campaigns.
- Communicating with corporate Ad Ops throughout the creative process
- Attends client calls, meetings, and events to further relationships with our clients.
- Helps maintain internal workflow systems for the entire Sales team
- Works on digital presentations in PowerPoint
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Participates in POD meetings, creative sessions, and collaborating with other departments to ensure campaigns are executed properly.
- Learns new digital products and helps implement them on the street with MSCs.
- Other tasks assigned by the DSM.
- Sales background and proven go-getter with a forward-thinking attitude
- A champion for digital at the television station
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Passionate and innovative about digital marketing and how to implement it successfully.
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire for future growth and advancement in digital marketing
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of digital marketing in the area advertising/ creative process.
- Experience with digital vendors, Wide Orbit Traffic are a plus.
- Customer service skills and ability to talk high level digital when needed
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V