KHNL-KGMB TV- Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), Hawaii’s dominant news organization and premier multimedia company has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated and a high-achiever with excellent communication skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Drive new television and digital sales, as well as upselling key existing accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and advertising.
- Experience in television, digital or media industry.
- Experience in new business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply on-line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Hawaii News Now - KHNL/KGMB TV – Honolulu, HI
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii, has an immediate opening for a passionate, highly motivated, detail-oriented Accountant, to provide excellent quality services for KHNL (NBC affiliate), KGMB (CBS affiliate) and KFVE television stations. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, is a great team player, and has the ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic working environment. Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018).
- Ensure compliance with corporate credit policies
- Generate customer billings and statements
- Collect outstanding accounts receivable in efforts to control bad debt exposure; post cash receipts
- Interact with account executives and clients to research and resolve receivable, billing, and payment issues
- Prepare monthly financial closing journal entries
- Perform month end general ledger account reconciliations
- Generate month end accounts receivable and revenue reporting
- Reconcile accounts receivable to general ledger
- Reconcile daily broadcast logs
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Requirements and Key Competencies
- 4+ years accounts receivable, credit and collections, and general accounting experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting a plus
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic and Great Plains General Ledger software applications is a plus
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join our team!
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background/credit check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Assistant Director of Technology
Hawaii News Now, (KGMB/CBS)-(KHNL/NBC)-(KFVE/IND) the state of Hawaii’s dominant multimedia news organization has an immediate opening for an experienced leader with extensive engineering and IT skills to take on an integral role on our winning team as our Assistant Director of Technology.
This person will report directly to the Director of Technology and will be expected to lead a highly accomplished team of engineers and computer specialists responsible for supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of our technical operations.
We are seeking a strong, visionary and exceptional leader who embraces team play. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential! Our candidate needs to be innovative, forward thinking, and highly adept at dealing with the rapidly evolving digital marketplace. This person must especially be able to work well with their fellow employees at all skill levels, and capable of developing strong relationships with clients, vendors and multiple broadcast and digital teams.
Hawaii News Now produces more than 41 hours of local news each week utilizing multiple on-air and digital platforms, and operates 7 different broadcast signals simultaneously out of its Broadcast Operations Center. Our entire enterprise and all of our employees are dedicated professionals committed to serving the people of Hawaii with the very best in local news and entertainment.
This is a rare and extraordinary career opportunity for a well-seasoned and experienced individual who wants and seeks professional growth in an exciting future in the telecommunications industry. Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience and thorough knowledge of Desktop and Server Operating Systems-Windows, Linux, OS X.
- The technical ability to manage telephone systems to include wiring, equipment, documentation, voicemail and Help Desk support with mobile phones/tablets.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with major PC applications (Microsoft, Adobe etc.)
- Broadcast/video experience, a working knowledge of master control playout systems and news operations will be considered a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering, or comparable work experience preferred.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of the Top Employers and Best Places to Work in Hawaii for the fourth consecutive year by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Please apply online at http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resume. Candidates must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.