WFIE - Photographer
To provide support to the producers of the newscasts in a timely and professional manner. May include gathering news facts through interviews, editing of video including reporter packages, live remotes with and without a reporter. Drive station vehicles. Occasional duties may include creating and updating content or providing live updates through social media on the scene of breaking news. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. Hours for the position are Monday-Friday 11:00AM-8:00PM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce top-quality video as assigned
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds
• Familiarity with social media
• High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
• Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
• Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather as well as considerable amount of time driving requires use, lifting and moving of cameras, audio equipment, broadcast lighting equipment, tripods, newsroom computers with dual screens, and live pack gear
• 2 years at a broadcast station, as a news photographer
• Reporting experience a plus, remote experience desirable
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with link(s) to your work. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.