Click column header to sort
WVUE - Digital Sales Specialist
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets. This is a base plus commission position with unlimited earnings for the the right candidate.
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Sales Specialist will be responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. Our Digital Sales Specialist will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
- Consistently prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- Package, present and sell WVUE digital products to meet sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing.
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently achieve high activity levels in new business development to grow market share.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
- Report routinely to the DSM on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience in communicating audience based marketing solutions.
- Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
- Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
- Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive initiatives for change.
- Competitive personality and direct sales skills a must.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel and the internet is essential.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line by submitting your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug testing and Motor vehicle record required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, is looking for a full time Producer.
Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts.
Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important. Only optimistic attitudes who really understand the team approach need apply. We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision.
Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE FOX 8, Fox8live.com and Bounce TV is seeking a Temporary Sales Assistant to assist the Sales Dept and the National Sales Manager. The Sales Assistant are responsible for the day to day tasks involved with the transactional order activity process and assisting their team to grow in revenue for WVUE. These tasks include, but are not limited to, order entry, contract maintenance, contract reconciliation and the posting of contracts, modification of media plans in accordance with client approval due to the program changes, etc. On occasion this position will be tasked with building and/or customizing proposals, setting up and prepping for client meetings, booking travel and prepping team members for market visits. The assistant will also be in constant communication with the Sales Team, Traffic dept., and Advertisers.
- Sales Asst. Must have good communication skills and be able to interface with the sales team.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Must be computer proficient and able to learn industry specific software and create sales presentations
- Broadcast sales and experience preferred
- College degree with emphasis in Advertising, Marketing or Business preferred
- Strong Microsoft office skills required, including Excel
- Must be highly organized, dependable and detailed oriented
- Strong mathematical skills required
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career Site), attach your resume and cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allow you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell!! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of sellng at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenancity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectivness
- Utilizes expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individual who will become our Media Sales Consultant are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectation
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
INVESTIGATIVE PRODUCER – WVUE
WVUE-TV in New Orleans is looking for an experienced, aggressive, and innovative Investigative Producer to join our award-winning local team.
We’re looking for someone who can help produce impactful stories. The ideal candidate will have a track record of digging up stories that make a difference. We’re a shop that relies heavily on investigative stories based on public records and large datasets. We need someone who can assist and enhance our enterprising work.
Our station values quality over quantity. You will have the time and tools to do stories the right way.
Television experience is preferred, but not required. We’d love to talk to a print or online reporter ready to make the transition to an off-air television job. Feel free to email Lee Zurik – Chief Investigative Reporter – with any questions about the job (firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is based out of New Orleans. You’ll work with a team whose investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. ).
- Researching, writing, and gathering content for investigative stories.
- Produce investigations with a strong digital and social media driven strategy.
- Establish contacts in the field, manage tips, compose and manage open records requests, and conduct interviews
- Take ownership for the overall coverage of investigative content on all digital platforms.
- Perform investigations which occasionally may include undercover work or surveillance.
- Assist Chief Investigative Reporter
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Preferred 3 years’ experience writing, producing and editing day-of-air news stories on a desktop editing system
- Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills. Strong computer research skills and working knowledge of analyzing data.
- Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit resume and link to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 located in New Orleans, LA has an opening for a Full-Time News/Content Specialist to join our award-winning team in the newsroom. The candidate must be dedicated and a strong team player.
* Writing news copy & editing video for multiple shows
* Writing for Fox 8 Digital Platforms
* Handle teleprompter operation for newscasts
* Operate news graphics system during broadcasts
* Must be a strong writer with good creative and editorial judgment.
* College degree preferred from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
* Experience in a newsroom environment a plus. ENPS computer system as well as AVID non-linear editing is a plus. Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE - M\F\D\V