WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative MMJ/Fill-In Anchor to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, online and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM News, Raycom Media's NBC/ABC affiliate in Hattiesburg, MS, is looking for a part-time Associate News Producer to join our energetic and competitive news team.
The ideal candidate will assist producers with finding content for their newscast. He/she will also write, edit, attach video and learn how to produce newscasts.
The person must be able to work a flexible schedule, work weekends, holidays and overnights.
Candidates with previous news editing experience, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, references and a link to recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM Digital Sales Specialist
WDAM is seeking a Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team. This position reports to the Digital Sales Manager and is responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio. This person will work independently and with existing AE's to develop advertising relationships and generate digital revenue.
The Digital Sales Specialist will work strategically (both independently and with our sales team) to design solutions that deliver customer results through our digital products. The candidate must have at least 2 years of proven Digital sales experience and be energetic, organized, and an effective communicator. Other key expectations include: Expert in cold calling, prospecting, building proposals, and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success. Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships and following through on promises and commitments made. Creative and idea driven. Partner with Local Account Executives in developing and executing campaigns with extensive digital marketing components. Monitor, maintain, and optimize client campaigns for the best results and to grow local businesses. Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, or business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Digital sales experience required.
- Must have your own dependable means of transportation.
- Experienced seller with a track record of new business development and incremental selling. Experience working with others to close and maintain business.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of Digital advertising.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please.
WDAM - Hattiesburg, MS
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.