Click column header to sort
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative MMJ/Fill-In Anchor to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, online and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM News, Raycom Media's NBC/ABC affiliate in Hattiesburg, MS, is looking for a part-time Associate News Producer to join our energetic and competitive news team.
The ideal candidate will assist producers with finding content for their newscast. He/she will also write, edit, attach video and learn how to produce newscasts.
The person must be able to work a flexible schedule, work weekends, holidays and overnights.
Candidates with previous news editing experience, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, references and a link to recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM Digital Sales Specialist
WDAM is seeking a Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team. This position reports to the Digital Sales Manager and is responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio. This person will work independently and with existing AE's to develop advertising relationships and generate digital revenue.
The Digital Sales Specialist will work strategically (both independently and with our sales team) to design solutions that deliver customer results through our digital products. The candidate must have at least 2 years of proven Digital sales experience and be energetic, organized, and an effective communicator. Other key expectations include: Expert in cold calling, prospecting, building proposals, and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success. Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships and following through on promises and commitments made. Creative and idea driven. Partner with Local Account Executives in developing and executing campaigns with extensive digital marketing components. Monitor, maintain, and optimize client campaigns for the best results and to grow local businesses. Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, or business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Digital sales experience required.
- Must have your own dependable means of transportation.
- Experienced seller with a track record of new business development and incremental selling. Experience working with others to close and maintain business.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of Digital advertising.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please.
WDAM – Account Executive
WDAM in Hattiesburg, MS is seeking an experienced full-time Account Executive. We are looking for an individual that is passionate about selling multi-screen marketing solutions to existing clients that will develop new clients through new business development. This individual must be a goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win. A natural relationship builder and collaborator who is a highly motivated self-starter that will hit the ground running and sell, sell, sell. Candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be organized, and possess a solid work ethic. Professional presentation skills and strong computer background are required. A minimum of three years sales and marketing experience with an emphasis in broadcast media is preferred.
Responsibilities for Account Executive include:
- Conduct thorough client meetings, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and increase share of current business clients.
- Sell across all platforms, broadcast as well as digital.
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience preferred, with interactive/digital.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. Driver’s license required. Pre-employment drug testing and clean Motor Vehicle Record required.
WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg, MS is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator. The chosen candidate’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording and ingesting of satellite and other electronic delivery programming and commercial feeds; The timing, editing, quality control monitoring, and switching of all programming while executing all functions required to maintain several broadcast signals simultaneously.
They will also be responsible for maintaining Commercial and Transmitter logs, Discrepancy Reports and other detailed paper-work for the operation of all systems within our multi-HD station master control room. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs and be able to work varied shifts including holidays. Previous MCO experience is a plus.
Must work well with other Operators and assist a variety of individuals and departments as well as our clients in a fast-paced live news environment while maintaining focus and keeping deadlines. Flexibility and adaptability are essential. Applicants must also be punctual and professional. Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. Other related duties may be assigned. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V