Click column header to sort
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a Full-time Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line, mobile technology, and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines. Knowledge of sports is a plus.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/
Cleveland19 in (appropriately) Cleveland, Ohio is looking for its next News Director. Cleveland19 is the brand name for the content we put on our CBS affiliate WOIO, our MyNetwork station WUAB, cleveland19.com, our OTT stations on Roku, Amazon Fire & AppleTV and our social media outlets, plus whatever gets invented next week that we don’t know about yet.
We’re looking someone who can put the right content in the right lanes. Someone who can help gain new eyeballs for our newly energized morning show and our four-plus hours of evening, prime and late newscasts. Someone who wants to lead and inspire an experienced and ready-to-win newsroom.
Raycom is a privately-owned company that is great to work for (you can click here to find out more about them.) It’s a company that understands where the industry is going and encourages and rewards innovation. They are very forward thinking on the digital front and just recently launched a national investigative unit.
And then there’s Cleveland. Don’t think of the throwaway thumbnail sketches you’ve heard to describe Cleveland. It’s not this. It’s this, this, and this. It's a city making great improvements and with a lot of momentum. A vibrant downtown. A beautiful waterfront. A city with a perennial NBA contender in the Cavs, one of the biggest World Series threats in the Indians, and a team with nowhere to go but up in the Browns.
Hey, we’ve got some room to improve, too. Are you the person who wants to take it on this challenge? The right candidate will be someone with a proven track record on morning shows. Someone with vision and organization. Someone with great interpersonal skills and lots of energy. Someone with ideas – stuff to try in newscasts, online, wherever. Crazy ideas that we don’t know if they’ll work. That’s how it works with true innovation.
Ok, if you’ve gotten this far you just might be interested. If you’d like to apply, now is the time. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck on making Cleveland and Cleveland19 your new home…for a good long time.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist. This position reports directly to the Digital Sales Manager and is responsible for developing digital revenue by working with TV account executives and their clients. By working in concert with members of the core sales staff, the Senior DSS consults with local, regional and national businesses to understand their digital marketing and advertising needs. The Senior DSS will then create custom tailored solutions that are designed, implemented and executed for the client’s success.
An ideal candidate would have a good working knowledge of our digital products, excellent proposal preparation and execution plus strong presentation skills. The Senior DSS will also have the ability to develop new digital business in the marketplace using all our digital platforms. The Senior DSS will have quarterly and annual budget goals. A minimum of two years for digital sales is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with station leadership and the corporate HR department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: local benefits administration, employee relations, union grievance investigation, training, performance management, onboarding/orientation, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, FCC EEO, and employment law compliance such as FMLA and ADA administration.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the HR Generalist include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and implementing various human resource policies and procedures for all station employees
- Facilitates completion of employee performance review process
- Files FCC EEO report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to FCC EEO regulations
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places job advertisements
- Handles employee relations counseling, manager coaching, and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of station in relation to established employee or department goals
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Will also provide support for our sister station in Toledo, with occasional (once every month or two) travel there
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or another related field is required
- 3 years’ experience in a human resources role is preferred, but not required
- PHR certification preferred, but not required
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements is preferred, but not required
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 15lbs
Cleveland 19/WOIO is searching for a Digital Content Producer to help with the news department’s digital operations. The ideal candidate will have a history of proven excellence in digital media. They should have a strong journalism background as well as the ability to work collaboratively with editorial leaders.
Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Execute and maintain news strategies and goals to provide competitive, 24/7 local digital content coverage.
- Write and report breaking and developing news stories on Cleveland19.com desktop and mobile presences, including social media channels.
- Produce digital videos.
- Generate quality news, sports and entertainment content including written and video content, create graphic content and help enhance page views and user engagement.
- Collaborate with News Director, Assistant News Director and Digital Content Director, Digital Content Manager on key digital content and station initiatives.
- Integrate digital content with broadcast coverage and communicate effectively with assignment desk, show producers and on-air reporters.
- Manage video live streams and also create, edit and post video clips from newscasts and other raw feeds.
- Collaborate with corporate team to train and support digital team members in best practices for all digital platforms.
- Track analytics, including desktop, mobile, app, video and social.
- Work closely with all departments (including News, Sales and Marketing) in a collaborative manner to support their digital needs.
- Conceptualize and create new digital content areas.
- Troubleshoot any and all problems that may develop with station digital presences
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: College degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: 1+ years of comprehensive digital media experience required. 1+ years of experience in digital media, journalism, broadcast or a closely related field.
- Drug screen required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, and react to breaking news
- Demonstrate solid news judgment
- Strong sense of initiative and focus on continuous learning
- Strong understanding of analytics for digital audience; Google Analytics and Chartbeat a plus
- Working knowledge of online content management systems (WorldNow experience a plus).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, journalism background with knowledge of the AP style, graphics skills, and a solid grasp of basic computer skills.
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and digital video editing is helpful but not required. Must be able to handle many variables in the daily news workflow, including short deadlines, multi-tasking and responding quickly and efficiently under breaking news situations.
- Demonstrated success in growing social media audiences and communities (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) is strongly preferred
- Willingness to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO/WUAB-TV is seeking a passionate, energetic and highly motivated Sales Executive. This entry level position, into television media sales, is for a person who can adapt quickly and maximize sales on all of our over-the-air and digital platforms.
Must have a high sense of urgency and an inner drive to want to be the best.
A strong work ethic and the ability to formulate and execute a daily plan is also required. 1-2 years sales experience needed. Experience in media sales is also a plus but not required. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter or go to WOIO.com. No phone call please. EOE-M/F/D/V.