Click column header to sort
Produce newscasts and digital content: includes story selection and format, rundown preparation and other editorial and production responsibilities associated with news line producing within guidelines and policies established by News Director and at direction of AND and EP. Write/edit copy for inclusion on news programs, digital content and news specials produced for WOIO/WUAB. Field & associate produce stories for news segments for use on WOIO/WUAB. Back time and insure editorial integrity of the program from the control room during its live broadcast on WOIO/WUAB. Contribute story ideas for general and special assignment reporters for news broadcasts and digital content. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Minimum two (2) years TV news producing and writing. Must be familiar with live remote production. Must have a working knowledge of contemporary use of graphics. Excellent writing and story telling ability. Must be able to work with and motivate co-workers. Computer literate and able to work long hours. Must be creative and deliver vision for newscasts.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Chief of Engineering & Technology is a department head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote and microwave equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, cable and satellite distribution, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations in a co-located, multi-station facility.
- Supervise operations, engineering, building maintenance, and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the corporate network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management and oversee safety and security procedures.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 5+ years technical experience, 2+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Other Job Requirements
- Commitment to the station’s mission and viewers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under stressful conditions.
- Pro-active in solving problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a Part-Time Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of one (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be capable of writing, editing and posting multiple stories on-air, on-line, mobile technology and to social media networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a full-time MMJ/Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of (3) years experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line, mobile technology, and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred. Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO-Assignment Editor/Web Producer
Responsible for making sure the day's stories decided by news mgmt are covered. Monitor news wires/police radios, maintain phone lists of sources, keep files/records of upcoming news events. Assist broadcast producers in writing/preparing news broadcasts. Assist digital producers in writing stories for our various digital and social platforms. Generate & provide story ideas, research as necessary. Direct videographers and/or reporters to gather/produce the news.
Strong verbal/written communication skills and knowledge of AP style required. College degree in Journalism preferred. Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people. Must be able to handle a large number of variables, including short deadlines. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Qualified applicants, apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. ** NO PHONE CALLS ** EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is looking for northeast Ohio’s first digitalnews anchor. Applicants must
be fluent in both English and Spanish as we prepare for unique bi-lingual content on our streaming
We are also looking for someone with a strong breaking news background; the digital
anchor will produce and front breaking stories from around the world on all of our digital platforms
plus traditional TV newscasts as assigned. Applicants must have a minimum of one year experience
in a television market; a producing background is a plus but not required.
The candidate must be a good, creative writer who is able to produce content for digital platforms
and television broadcasts. Experience with newsroom computer systems and social media content
creation is preferred. We are looking for a calm, level headed and positive leader both in and out
of the newsroom.
The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing and posting multiple stories on multiple platforms throughout the day. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V