Click column header to sort
WOIO- FT Reporter/MMJ
Experienced journalist who creates and gathers highly promotable and in-depth content for all platforms including broadcast,
digital and social. Specifically, this individual cultivates story ideas, makes contacts and presents concise stories to viewers and consumers. This journalist must break down complicated stories and disseminate information to the public while generating
exclusive information and by using compelling video and captivating sound.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to uncover and discover highly promotable, in-depth content for all platforms.
- Must be able to produce promotable content on deadline for daily, short term and long range.
- Must be flexible to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to write, edit and shoot memorable news stories or work collaboratively with photographers in pursuit of enterprise content
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment, a keen sense of logistics and ability to work well under breaking or deadline pressure with strong live reporting skills and possible anchoring.
- Ability to present exciting, creative and active live shots.
- Cultivate and enterprise original story ideas through sources, research and social listening and maintain story ownership throughout life of story.
- Must use the latest editing and production techniques to create compelling stories on all platforms.
- Produces content for digital platforms, including but not limited to station website, news app and social media platforms.
- Exercises a high level of discretion to determine best use and prioritization of resources, including time, to deliver content appropriately in time-sensitive situations.
- Maintain professional conduct, both in person and on social platforms, at all times.
- Must stay in constant communication with newsroom throughout day regarding story development and execution.
- Prior knowledge of ENPS, Edius, JVC Cameras, LiveU, Videolicious preferred.
- Knowledge of public record sites, databases and experience with FOIA submissions mandatory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related field.
- 5 years of experience in journalism, media or related fields.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good news judgement and adherence to journalistic ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with news sources.
- Social media or digital experience, preferred.
- Field reporting experience including proficiency on live shots, mandatory.
- Strong English language skills need, Spanish preferred.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands
of employees in this position:
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours.
- Ability to be flexible with schedules, including working holidays, weekends and vacation relief as needed.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
Qualified applications, please apply on-line and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please.
WOIO seeks a PT Temporary Sports Producer for a short-term assignment, 6 to 8 weeks.
The PT producer will write lively, accurate and entertaining copy for effective TV sportscasts and edit video and sound for broadcast and digital platforms. Must be equipped to juggle multiple projects, evaluate the value of sports content to our audience, work in a collaborative manner and create effective graphics to enhance sports content. Also, must be able to line up phone and SKYPE guests for nightly M-F digital sports show on OTT platform.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends; other duties as assigned. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, cover letter and link to your recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Produce newscasts and digital content: includes story selection and format, rundown preparation and other editorial and production responsibilities associated with news line producing within guidelines and policies established by News Director and at direction of AND and EP. Write/edit copy for inclusion on news programs, digital content and news specials produced for WOIO/WUAB. Field & associate produce stories for news segments for use on WOIO/WUAB. Back time and insure editorial integrity of the program from the control room during its live broadcast on WOIO/WUAB. Contribute story ideas for general and special assignment reporters for news broadcasts and digital content. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Minimum two (2) years TV news producing and writing. Must be familiar with live remote production. Must have a working knowledge of contemporary use of graphics. Excellent writing and story telling ability. Must be able to work with and motivate co-workers. Computer literate and able to work long hours. Must be creative and deliver vision for newscasts.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Chief of Engineering & Technology is a department head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote and microwave equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, cable and satellite distribution, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations in a co-located, multi-station facility.
- Supervise operations, engineering, building maintenance, and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the corporate network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management and oversee safety and security procedures.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 5+ years technical experience, 2+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Other Job Requirements
- Commitment to the station’s mission and viewers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under stressful conditions.
- Pro-active in solving problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a Part-Time Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of one (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be capable of writing, editing and posting multiple stories on-air, on-line, mobile technology and to social media networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V