Click column header to sort
WCSC, the CBS affiliate in Charleston, SC seeks a part time Master Control Operator responsible for operation of all systems within a multi station master control.
Duties include, but are not limited to, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup and record satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and prepare video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs. Work shift will include overnights, weekends and holidays. Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required. Previous master control experience desirable.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WCSC-TV is looking for a motivated Photojournalist to join our team.
Candidate will be responsible for gathering video pictures and sound as part of a team or on your own for all platforms. Individual must have knowledge of ENG news cameras and editing machines, as well as lighting and audio techniques. Experience with video editing (Edius/Bitcentral) and live truck operation preferred. We are looking for a creative team player who can bring award winning ideas to the table.
We are looking for someone who can shoot, edit and write for television and all digital platforms. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include overnights, early mornings, weekends and holidays required. Prior experience in a multi- media newsroom preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified candidates please apply online and attach your resume, cover letter, and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Who doesn’t love Charleston, South Carolina? The Holy City was named Best City in the World in 2016 by Travel + Leisure magazine and continues a streak of five consecutive years being named Best U.S. City.
WCSC, the #1 content brand on all platforms in Charleston, South Carolina has a rare opening for Director of Technology. This is a department–head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms. The candidate we select will also be a strong communicator who promotes a positive culture within our technology team and with all departments at the television station.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations.
- Supervise technical engineering and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the Raycom Media Wide Area Network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 10+ years technical experience, 5+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator, motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WCSC-TV, the #1 station in beautiful Charleston, SC is seeking a full time Traffic Reporter/Anchor to provide accurate, timely and useful information about traffic conditions and other commuting concerns and to provide news about traffic and transportation issues to our audience.
We are seeking a candidate to deliver reports live on air and online covering travel times, incidents and alternative routes in a compelling, up-to-the-minute and creative way. Individual will manage traffic computer system and on-air presentation through morning newscasts, will report for TV, Web and social media platforms and is responsible for developing and maintaining sources that will provide further reliable and timely information about traffic and transportation.
The ability to assist producers in showcasing live, breaking traffic news using maps and SC Department of Transportation camera network is required. Experience with WSI Max Traffic or comparable traffic reporting software, is preferred. This is not an entry-level position. Strong live reporting and anchoring experience is required. Two years of on-air experience at a commercial TV station is preferred. This position is for an early morning shift.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Become a member of Charleston’s number-one digital team. WCSC-TV is looking for a part-time weekend Digital Content Producer to join the station’s fast-paced Digital Content Department.
Qualified applicants will produce and manage News, Weather and Sports content on multiple digital platforms which include; live5news.com, our news and weather apps along with multiple social media accounts. Candidates must have good news judgment and the ability to develop and execute unique ways to engage our audience.
Candidates must have strong writing and time management skills. An understanding of AP writing style is a must. Basic working knowledge of web design and web maintenance is preferred. Any additional skills in television news producing, editing, camera operations or studio operations are also a plus. Experience with Photoshop and/or After Effects is a preferred. Must work weekends and have flexibilty in their schedule to work mornings and nights. College degree preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
LOWCOUNTRY WEEKEND PRODUCER
Do you love Charleston, South Carolina? Most people do as the Holy City was named Best City in the World in 2016 by Travel + Leisure magazine and continues a streak of five consecutive years being named Best U.S. City. Are you passionate about creating content that breaks the news story mold? Do you live and breathe the abundance of the Lowcountry’s food, travel, events and weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area? Are you able to craft and create engaging stories that present non-traditional revenue opportunities for clients? If so, we want you to join our team!
WCSC Live 5, the #1 content brand in Charleston, South Carolina, is looking for a creative storyteller to help expand its rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces weekly; splitting their time between writing, producing, shooting, and editing content that engages and produces results across multiple content platforms.
The Lowcountry Weekend producer demands direct knowledge of all aspects of digital and video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform content. Energetic, a strategic thinker and highly motivated this individual will work with a team of producers or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast and digital assets. The ideal candidate will also work with the sales team to develop new revenue opportunities for our expanding broadcast and digital properties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred. Must provide creative reel demonstrating writing abilities and advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and DSLR cinematography. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat, Brightcove, Wordpress plus audience engagement and management tools for digital publishing, reporting and analytics experience is required.
On-camera experience preferred. Evenings and weekend work will be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter, resume and demo reel. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WCSC in beautiful Charleston, SC is looking for an MMJ/reporter to join our award-winning news team. We are seeking a strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. The successful candidate will report as a one-man band five days a week. We are looking for an MMJ that is passionate about enterprise & accountability journalism. Our next reporter must how to build sources and break stories. If you like covering planned events and news conferences, this is not the position for you. Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV a plus. Strong editorial judgment and the ability to tell compelling stories for broadcast and digital a must. Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you an experienced news producer?
Are you a positive person who wants to win and knows how to lead?
Do you want to live by the beach in the #1 city in the world?
If you answered yes to these questions, a news producer position at WCSC Live 5 News may be right for you.
WCSC Live 5 News is the dominant media source in Charleston, SC. We are actively looking for an experienced journalist who has a minimum of 2-years experience producing in any TV market size. Excellent news judgment, the ability to tell real news sources from fake ones, urgent writing, and showcasing skills are a must. Applicant must be detail-oriented and work well with others in a fast-paced, high-stress environment. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms.
This position is for our top-rated morning show and the ideal candidate is willing to work overnights. News is 24/7. Successful candidates must also be flexible and willing to work holidays, weekends, or overtime hours as needed. Pre-employment drug screen required.
If you want to be a part of an award-winning and aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V