RTM Studios in Franklin TN has an opening for a Builder/Mechanic/Co-Host to work on show project builds and occasionally appear on camera. The opening is for a regular, full-time position with company benefits. Regular business hours are 8-5 M-F.
This position requires working with the Show Producer on concepting projects and editorial for the shows, providing mechanical work required for project building, acquiring all parts necessary for each production shoot, and collaborating with other employees to insure editorial obligations are complete in the production of the shows. The position also requires appearing on camera in the shows or other productions.
Summary of essential job functions:
This may not reflect every aspect required for this job position
- Work with Producer and other staff assigned to the show on planning projects.
- Collaborate with Director/Producer of show title to prescript or assist with scripting for all episodes. These scripts are to be technically correct and written for television production.
- Assist with the delivery of project vehicles required for the show or project..
- Provide mechanical work required in project building and testing, providing the highest level of workmanship on all projects. This may vary based on the project and you may be required to work without
- Acquire as requested necessary parts for all projects. When parts arrive it is your responsibility to make sure these parts are the correct parts and they work on the project they were ordered for prior to taping of the show segment.
- Utilize RTM’s parts ordering forms and system for ordering parts. Maintain thorough records of project vehicles and parts by show number..
- Work with Producer to make sure the project is ready and you are fully prepared on production days to begin taping without delay.
- Must have complete and total understanding and knowledge of the safe operations of any equipment in the assigned studio.
- Work with other staff members to be make sure editorial contracts are fulfilled based on direction from the Technical Editor and the Producer of the show.
- Assist Producer of the show to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, keep studio clean and tools in proper place.
Some college or technical school; appropriate technical certifications; experience with automotive mechanical work and/or fabricating and vehicle painting experience; good on screen voice and appearance.
Ability to conceptualize projects and show content based on Producer’s direction of required editorial content integration for customers and networks; ability to use discretion and creativity to determine the best presentation of required editorial; ability to deal with vendors in the industry to procure parts in exchange for exposure if possible; ability to collaborate with videographers, producer/directors, technical producers and salesmen to creatively display customers product in high quality video; ability to speak clearly on screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.